Tucson, AZ Boycott of ANTI-2A Restaurants

Thread: Tucson, AZ Boycott of ANTI-2A Restaurants

I had this in the 2A & Politics thread but might be better placed here in the ARIZONA forum

Preface: As you may know, it IS legal to CCW in a restaurant that serves liquor in Arizona.

There are now over 125 of us (in 2 weeks alone) coming together for a conversation around 2A, action (our boycott and supprting places that want our business), and the use of a facebook group and website with database of restaurants that either don't allow carry (it is their right, to deny our rights, on their property), or worse some have officially come out to be ANTi Second Amendment (Chipotle Mexican Grill). We also have a database of PRO-2A restaurants!

We have this Facebook Group for Tucson residents: BAG - Tucson: "Boycott Anti-Gunners", A database of anti-gun restaurants | Facebook
    and this database that we are building: BagTucson.com

We have met for one "Open Carry Dinner" and I'm setting up a "CCW" dinner in two weeks.

If you are in Tucson, AZ, please join the group!

Good info - thanks for sharing.

I may have to appropriate this info to my webpage and FB page as well.

I'm all in favor of NOT giving my hard-earned money to anti's.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

CCW Dinner booked for Wed 3/17

The GROUP is up to 153 members
    and the CCW DINNER has 11 RSVPs and a few additional "maybes" so far.

Keep in mind...if they serve alcohol, and they have a sign that cites 4-229, they are NOT NECESSARILY anti-2A...they are following the AZ law that prevents them from allowing firearms in their facility, at least for open carry.

However, if they don't serve alcohol, and they have a sign that cites nothing, or cites 13-3108, then they ARE anti-2A, and should be boycotted.

I think every state should secede from Washington, DC, then we'll have them surrounded.

milkmood,

I've re-read your post a few times and I think you have misread the law.

You CAN CCW in restaurants that serve alcohol in Arizona.
    If the business owner does not want you to conitue your 2A rights onto their property, it is their right to deny your 2A rights while being their customers (while being on their own or rented property). Like a private home owner/renter can.

This to me is Anti 2A!

~AzRover

www.BagTucson.com

Last edited by AzRover; 03-08-2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: re-read milkmood's post and changed by reply

Yeah, I went back and read it over again and, sure enough. Good call. CCW is still permitted if the business owner allows it.

I think every state should secede from Washington, DC, then we'll have them surrounded.

Are you in Tucson?
    Have you checked out the BagTucson Facebook Group and Website?

Yes, I fanned it on FB. No, I'm in Glendale.