Update "No Firearm Sign"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update "No Firearm Sign"

1. Update "No Firearm Sign"

I went to the the Ono Hawaiian BBQ. I loved Hawaiian foods and I am from Hawaiian. There is a sign says no firearm on the wall near cashier counter. And the AMF Bowling Center there is outside sign says no firearm.

Whoever comes to AZ for a vacation. Just want to let you know and don't OC and CC in their place/restaurant. Okay. smile....

Ono Hawaiian BBQ
    Ono Hawaiian BBQ
    13070 West Rancho Santa Fe Boulevard, Avondale, AZ - (623) 536-0188
    3923 East Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ - (602) 306-1688
    4972 South Power Road, Gilbert, AZ - (480) 279-2342

AMF Peoria Lanes Bowling Center
    AMF Bowling - Access Bowling Centers, Leagues, Tips and Parties
    8475 West Olive Avenue
    Peoria, AZ 85345-7117
    (623) 486-1496

I will continue posting the updates for you if I see go somewhere and see the sign "no firearm". Smile.

RRGlock23
    Last edited by RRGlock23; 03-04-2010 at 08:24 PM. Reason: revised edit
    NRA Life Member

3. Hey Lukem, are you gonna make a sticky lists post? I will giving you updates if I saw the sign "no firearm".
    NRA Life Member

I don't often see those signs here in MA. I guess the business owners
    1. don't think anyone in their right mind would go through all the trouble to get a license in this state anyway.
    2. Assume that gun control is hard at work keeping them protected from pesky gun people.
    3. Appreciate that there may be an armed citizen in their place that could thwart an armed robber...

Humm. I wonder which answer is closer to the truth...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

5. AZ already has a new law January 11, 2010

HB 2347 & SB 1015
    3. Contain the words, "no firearms allowed pursuant to A.R.S. section 4‑229".
    NRA Life Member

In TX there is a very official sign that a business must post. The letters have to be a certain height, it has to be in English and Spanish. Anything else is not a legal sign and carries no legal weight. I see very few of the official signs.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

(I'm not a constitutional lawyer, but I play one on the internet)

Some clarification is required here:

This is a state law, not the restaurant's choosing. Because they serve alcohol, they are not allowed to allow firearms in their establishment, whether they wish to or not.

It's not fair to ban restaurants that serve alcohol because of this sign, their hands are tied! If the sign says 4-229, that's why, it's because they serve alcohol. (not to be confused with "sell alcohol", which any Circle K or grocery store does).

If the sign doesn't cite the statute, or cites 13-3108 (I think that's the one), then ban it if you like...it IS their choosing.

I think every state should secede from Washington, DC, then we'll have them surrounded.

8. Quote Originally Posted by milkmood View Post
    (I'm not a constitutional lawyer, but I play one on the internet)

Some clarification is required here:

This is a state law, not the restaurant's choosing. Because they serve alcohol, they are not allowed to allow firearms in their establishment, whether they wish to or not.

It's not fair to ban restaurants that serve alcohol because of this sign, their hands are tied! If the sign says 4-229, that's why, it's because they serve alcohol. (not to be confused with "sell alcohol", which any Circle K or grocery store does).

If the sign doesn't cite the statute, or cites 13-3108 (I think that's the one), then ban it if you like...it IS their choosing.
    I am not a lawyer, and I just found a web site for you to look at it. may it helps more information for you. Concealed Carry in Arizona Restaurants and Bars – Details of the New Law : Arizona CCW Permit
    NRA Life Member

Yeah, after I re-read the statute, I realized it does not apply to CCW. My bad. So if a place does display the sign, it is their choice I'm gathering.

I think every state should secede from Washington, DC, then we'll have them surrounded.

10. Yep. That's why I had to pull out my firearm from the holster and leave my firearm in the console. Then I go in any restaurant, but I hate that makes me worry, because lots of grand auto thefts they stole the car and find my firearm inside the console, man.

Otherwise, follow the law from the sign post, it saves your ccw license without revoke or suspended. I know we disagreed that and we have the right to self-defense.
    NRA Life Member

Or just don't patronize the business any more. But if we stop patronizing them for that reason, we need to let them know. It doesn't do any good to boycott if the company never hears about it or hears about why.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast