Brewer faces Saturday deadline to act on gun permit bill
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brewer faces Saturday deadline to act on gun permit bill

1. Brewer faces Saturday deadline to act on gun permit bill

Brewer faces Saturday deadline to act on gun permit bill - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com

Reported by: Associated Press
    Last Update: 9:35 am
    Related Links

* Arizona 1 step closer to passing new concealed gun law
    Arizona 1 step closer to passing new concealed gun law - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com

PHOENIX -- Gov. Jan Brewer is nearing the deadline to act on a bill that would make Arizona the third state to not require a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

The Legislature sent the bill to Brewer on Monday, setting a Saturday deadline for her to sign the bill, veto the legislation or allow it to become law without her signature.

Elimination of the permit requirement would allow Arizonans to forego background checks and classes that are now required to carry a concealed weapon.

The bill would apply to most U.S. citizens 21 or older.

Currently, carrying a hidden firearm is a misdemeanor punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $2,500.

Alaska and Vermont are the two states that now do not require permits to carry concealed weapons.
    NRA Life Member

I'am a arizona resident, that is apposed, to this law. If you have ever visited az, you will know why.

We shouldn't have to have a permit of any kind
    to carry. It is a complete infringement on our
    2nd Ammendment period. Yea! For all the
    3 states going this way. I hope it is a trend comming
    around. Besides, do you think the criminals
    actually have a permit themselves? Or not
    carry??? Then you are fooling yourself.

Thankfully, most Arizona Residents have the sense to realize that their safety and the desires of the state coincide.
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I'am a arizona resident, that is apposed, to this law. If you have ever visited az, you will know why.
    I would suggest a bit more care in thinking through what you wish to say, and a minute or two actually reading what you've typed before posting. It will do a lot to make your position look like a sane person stated it.

I lived in Arizona for over 2 decades; both my children were born and raised there. A job moved me to Nevada but I'd have no problem at all returning to AZ. I don't recall ever feeling unsafe in the company of armed strangers when in that state.

How about you giving use the reasons for you "you will know why" remark?
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Thumbs down

To whats his name that did not like my posting yesterday. I have lived in arizona since 1974. If you do not like my opinion, dry up and blow away. I'am glad you live in nevada, because arizona does not need people like you. What right do you have with my opinion,that you think is wrong. We still have freedom of speech. Do not respond, because if this page is like this i will drop out, because of so called people like you. This also applieds, to any body else that try hard to think like you.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 04-17-2010 at 08:56 AM. Reason: SPELLING

To whats his name that did not like my posting yesterday. I have lived in arizona since 1974. If you do not like my opinion, dry up and blow away. I'am glad you live in nevada, because arizona does not need people like you. What right do you have with my opinion,that you think is wrong. We still have freedom of speech. Do not respond, because if this page is like this i will drop out, because of so called people like you. This also applieds, to any body else that try hard to think like you.
    hey Bohemian.. got any troll spray left?
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Last edited by [email protected]; Today at 05:56 AM. Reason: SPELLING

^^That is truly one of the funniest things I've ever read^^ The fact that you edited for spelling is fantastic!
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I'll Second That..
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Last edited by [email protected]; Today at 05:56 AM. Reason: SPELLING

^^That is truly one of the funniest things I've ever read^^ The fact that you edited for spelling is fantastic!
    Lol, yeah, I got a kick out of that as well.

I also get a kick out of the fact that he still has not given even one reason for disagreeing with the new law. I mean, c'mon, give us something. Even an ill conceived, irrational Brady talking point would give us something to work with.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Dallas don't like the law. He ain't coming up with any reasons. So? That don't make him no troll. Just someone expressing himself.
    Why chase away the newbies? Don't do anyone no good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast