Non resident AZ application - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non resident AZ application

They got my application on the 18th, so I called for a status report. They said they are a bit behind on applications and just entered apps that arrived on Aug 11. Looks like I have another few weeks to wait. The good news is that my Florida permit came in under a month.

3. Went down to AZ last month and took class with my son at Shooters World in Peoria. Mailed application from Washington State on Aug 11th, no permit so far as of Sept 8th. Should be here shortly but more than 2 weeks for sure. -G

*** Update *** Just spoke with CCW permit unit in AZ today (9/9/11). As of today they are just starting to enter the applications that were received by August 15. Mailed mine from Seattle area on 8/11 and it is not in the system yet. They said they are really backlogged due to the heavy volume of applications and it was taking 6 to 8 weeks to issue permits.

***Further update*** Talked with them again on 9/15/11. Said the receieved my app on 8/13/11, entered into system 9/13/11 so they are truly backlogged if its taking a month to enter applications after they get them. Would expect to see permit anytime from 2 to 4 weeks after entered into system.
    Last edited by gcban1; 09-09-2011 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Update on permit times

4. The final lowdown on my AZ permit from WA State resident. They recieved my application on 8/13/11, entered into DPS system on 9/13/11. Permit issued on 10/1/11. Received in the mail on 10/6/11. Just short of 8 weeks total time. Thats the way it all went down.

- G

Quote Originally Posted by gcban1 View Post
    Went down to AZ last month and took class with my son at Shooters World in Peoria. Mailed application from Washington State on Aug 11th,

Were you visiting AZ anyway?

6. Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Were you visiting AZ anyway?
    Yep, actually have home in both places. Had AZ permit 10+ years ago but let it lapse and never renewed it due to moving main state of residency to WA State. Figured I would take permit class with my son in AZ, so I did.

7. what does it cost for the out of state license ?

Quote Originally Posted by wornsmoothout View Post
    what does it cost for the out of state license ?
    AZ permit is $60 initial/$43 renewal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12