Non-resident permit - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Non-resident permit

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Do I have to put my social security number on the application?
    I think I read somewhere either on the application or the instruction sheet that you don't have to. I did anyways because it might help speed up the background check process and eliminate potential identity confusion.

Does anyone know if there is any way to check the status of an application or do we just have to wait? I sent my app certified mail and it was delivered yesterday. I'm guessing it will take a little over a month.

EDIT: Has anyone gotten their AZ permit using an NRA training certificate? I got a letter from Florida today concerning my permit. They stated that they needed a certificate with the instructor's number which the original did not have. I'm betting I'll get a letter from AZ in a few weeks too.

As others have stated, I put in a request for the Arizona non-resident CCW on the website back in June and had my application packet in hand in about three or four days. I filled it out, including my SS#, figuring that if they really wanted it, they could get it anyway, and why not appear cooperative? After I received the application packet, I called to ask if an NRA Basic Handgun certificate would do the trick, and was told that it would. I submitted using that certification, and had the CCW in about two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by geeareess View Post
    As others have stated, I put in a request for the Arizona non-resident CCW on the website back in June and had my application packet in hand in about three or four days. I filled it out, including my SS#, figuring that if they really wanted it, they could get it anyway, and why not appear cooperative? After I received the application packet, I called to ask if an NRA Basic Handgun certificate would do the trick, and was told that it would. I submitted using that certification, and had the CCW in about two weeks.
    Did the certificate have the instructor ID number on it?

Quote Originally Posted by mattwestm View Post
    Did the certificate have the instructor ID number on it?
    Yes, it did have the instructor ID number.

By the way, when I called to ask a few questions, the woman there was just as pleasant and helpful as she could be.

No the SS# is optional on the AZ application but is required on the fingerprint cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Duck View Post
    No the SS# is optional on the AZ application but is required on the fingerprint cards.
    So basically yes, I do need to provide my SS#.

Got my Az permit today 1 month 2 weeks very quick per AZ DPS they are running around a month behind do to large number of request.

9. Filling out my AZ cwp app and just wondering if I need to check the box that says Hispanic/ white or just leave it blank or circle white considering I'm white.

Put a W in the box

Quote Originally Posted by SR1911 View Post
    Filling out my AZ cwp app and just wondering if I need to check the box that says Hispanic/ white or just leave it blank or circle white considering I'm white.

Check the box...cross out Hispanic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast