Non-resident permit
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Non-resident permit

Non-resident permit

I am interested in getting my Arizona non-resident permit. My Florida permit is on the way, but it's always good to have two permits. First of all, I can't seem to find who to contact to request an application. I've checked the website, and it says to contact the "Concealed Weapons Permit Unit" but I can't find their number or an online form to request the paperwork.

Lastly, I completed the NRA first steps pistol course for my Florida permit. Will this class allow me to obtain an Arizona permit?

EDIT: I just found an email address for the permit division and gave them my home address. Hopefully they are quick to mail forms out.

Thanks

I'd wait until you get your Florida permit, then you can fill out AZ permit app, submit 2 fingerprint cards, and a photo copy of your Florida permit. Mail it out with payment enclosed and your AZ permit will be there in one to two months, sometimes faster.

But if you can't wait, then yes your NRA pistol class will do. You will just need to fill out the right area on your AZ permit app.

They generally are really quick. I had the app in hand within 2 days of emailing the request and the permit in hand 2 weeks of mailing the app back.

Just got the app in today. WOW, super quick, especially from AZ to NC. One thing I find weird is that the form will not fit properly in the small envelope for the fingerprints. I had to fold the form two different ways, making it into a square for it to properly fit. Weird...

I'm getting the prints done tomorrow and copying my NRA certificate. I'll run by the post office and get a money order too.

Just shipped my AZ CC permit request in today, small envelope allowed fingerprints and had to fold everything else.

I went and bought a 9x12 envelope and printed labels for the addresses. Money order is probably cheaper at the supermarket.

I also just requested the Arizona CWP "application packet which contains an application, two fingerprint cards and a return envelope)". I requested it by the email form.

I was looking at NH or UT to cover more states but it appears that for a SC resident CWP holder, the AZ non-res CWP adds coverage in the most states I will need, even Nevada.

BTW: That email form for contacting the AZ "Concealed Weapons Permit Unit" is at:
    Contact Us: Concealed Weapons Permit Unit - Arizona Department of Public Safety

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    They generally are really quick. I had the app in hand within 2 days of emailing the request and the permit in hand 2 weeks of mailing the app back.
    mrjam2jab, did they acknowledge your email request? They didn't acknowledge mine. If I don't get the application in a few days I may call them.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Duck View Post
    mrjam2jab, did they acknowledge your email request? They didn't acknowledge mine. If I don't get the application in a few days I may call them.
    Yes...i got an email response within a couple hours.

Do I have to put my social security number on the application?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast