AZ Application Time Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AZ Application Time Question

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I sent the same email 10/20/11...they replied on 10/21...I received the packet either 10/24 or 25.
    Hmmm, I wonder what is going on then since I emailed 10/23, and I received a response from DPS saying they are mailing me a packet on 10/25. Still no application though. Probably will give it another week before I contact DPS again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle Safety View Post
    Im in Ga and I got my packet in about a weeks and the permit in about two weeks got to love Az
    Two weeks to get the permit? Wow, the DPS tells me it will take about 70 days to issue the permit. I would think it wouldn't take that long since you don't need to carry a permit in AZ anymore so there probably aren't as many people applying for permits as there used to be before the law changed.

Quote Originally Posted by 442js View Post
    Two weeks to get the permit? Wow, the DPS tells me it will take about 70 days to issue the permit. I would think it wouldn't take that long since you don't need to carry a permit in AZ anymore so there probably aren't as many people applying for permits as there used to be before the law changed.
    AZ has become the new FL for permits. They are cheaper, just as easy to obtain, and get almost identical reciprocity. Oct 2010 I got mine in exactly 2 weeks also. Now my wife is applying and they are saying processing can take 6-8 weeks...

Just received my application today.

I am a resident of AZ, sent mine in on Aug. 28th and got my permit on Oct 5th, they only have 2 women doing the processing and doing about 12,000 a month so they might be taking longer to get it back to you, but at the longest right now is about 5-6 weeks.

I mailed my completed application back from SC on Oct 18th and received my permit today in the mail. It has an issue date of 11/11/11.

10 days....patiently waiting yet.

I sent my app in October it was entered into system on the 19th.It was issued on the 15th of this month,and in hand as of this morning.Good turn around time.

Got my AZ packet in the mail today...now it's on me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12