Father accidentally shoots 3-year-old son

Thread: Father accidentally shoots 3-year-old son

Father accidentally shoots 3-year-old son

A father accidentally shot his 3-year-old son Friday afternoon at a home near 24th Street and Broadway Road.

The child was walking to the mailbox when his father's .22-caliber handgun fell out of his pocket and fired, Phoenix police said. The gun fired one round, which hit the child on the arm.

The child was transported to the hospital, and the father is being interviewed by Phoenix police.

Phoenix police have not yet determined whether they will be pressing charges.

No further information was immediately available.

by Heather Hoch
    Source: The Arizona Republic

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

I can't load the link!

Anybody know if he was a permit holder? I mean, besides being an idiot.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Sounds fishy to me. What are the chances of the firearm falling out of his pocket, discharging, and just happens to be pointing at the kid. I'd say there is more to this story than what the guy is telling the police.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

5. I doubt he was.....

Many unanswered questions. This will definitely be very bad for gun owners. This guy should face some serious consequences for his gross negligence.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Hmm

Not a whole lotta pistols will 'fire' if merely dropped... altho depends on what it was. I've seen it happen. Yeah... the 'tale' stinks. All the more reason to OC inna holster.