Moving from Texas to AR., CCW question... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving from Texas to AR., CCW question...

Thanks for your advice on this. Not being to carry for up to (4) months is the worst part, I can live with the fees.. I'm not going to get my Tx. plates/drivers lic. switched over till Jan. I have some time before I have to surrender my CHL. I, like you don't understand why I can't use my Tx. CHL till I get my Ar. CCW....

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim101 View Post
    Thanks for your advice on this. Not being to carry for up to (4) months is the worst part, I can live with the fees.. I'm not going to get my Tx. plates/drivers lic. switched over till Jan. I have some time before I have to surrender my CHL. I, like you don't understand why I can't use my Tx. CHL till I get my Ar. CCW.
    I would get a FL or possibly UT if that's feasible and carry on that until your AR CHL arrives and keep a very low profile.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Could he not also get a NH out of state permit? AR Honors Our permits. NH also does not do finger printing and you do not need training to get one. Turn around time is about a month some times less.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Could he not also get a NH out of state permit? AR Honors Our permits. NH also does not do finger printing and you do not need training to get one. Turn around time is about a month some times less.
    Who told you that? AR does not reciprocity with NH. See the AR SP reciprocity page.

Here's why AR doesn't have reciprocity with NH;
    • No training requirement w/range qualification
    • Shall issue at 18
    • No fingerprinting requirement

These are also the same reasons that NH will not make the NV recognition list.
    Last edited by netentity; 10-28-2008 at 12:40 PM.
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Well then one of them must be out dated. Going off US CARRY'S map. ( I click on my state NH and all the Blue states come up) That state is on the list that honors NH Permits. When i Click on AR NH is red we do not honor there Permits.

Honors NH Permit:
    Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Wyoming
    Last edited by S&WM&P40; 10-28-2008 at 02:29 PM.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Well then one of them must be out dated. Going off US CARRY'S map. ( I click on my state NH and all the Blue states come up) That state is on the list that honors NH Permits. When i Click on AR NH is red we do not honor there Permits.

Honors NH Permit:
    Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Wyoming
    Here's the NH SP permits & licensing unit link where the error perpetuated from.

Another error is their statement that non-resident NH licenses are only valid within the State of NH. That's not true, NH cannot dictate the validity of non-resident license outside of their own borders. It is up to the license holder to verify if non-resident licenses are honored in a given State.

Oh BTW, I did see your previously edited comment regarding CCW issuance of some States at 18. I would have been very happy to make a wager on that statement prior to you editing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12