Informing LE in AR

Thread: Informing LE in AR

Informing LE in AR

Informing Law Enforcement of Carry:
    The licensee must carry the license, together with valid identification, at all times in which the licensee is carrying a concealed handgun and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer.

Does that mean that you don't have to tell or show your CCL unless the LEO asks if you Have one?
    What if they ask if you have anything they should know about? Is it up to me to decide if he NEEDS TO KNOW about my Handgun?
    I for one would probably just hand my CCL to him along with my DL. I would like to hear if you guys think thats a good idea or not.

Quote Originally Posted by packinprincess View Post
    The licensee must carry the license, together with valid identification, at all times in which the licensee is carrying a concealed handgun and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer.

Does that mean that you don't have to tell or show your CCL unless the LEO asks if you Have one?
    What if they ask if you have anything they should know about? Is it up to me to decide if he NEEDS TO KNOW about my Handgun?
    I for one would probably just hand my CCL to him along with my DL. I would like to hear if you guys think thats a good idea or not.
    Any time A LEO asks for ID you must inform the LEO that you are a CHCL permit holder and wait for instruction. Now if your just talking about the weather to a LEO you don't have to tell them and if you are unarmed. But basicly any time they ask for ID you NEED to tell them FIRST thing! You really don't want to surprise them.
    This is an Arkansas CC law here. Other states have different laws. You can check here on USA Carry the CC laws here and in other states.
    I know you're awaiting your CHCL, now would be a good time to refresh yourself on all things concerning concealed carry here. There's a lot of good info here on this website.
    The only stupid question is the one not asked.
    Good luck with your new armed way of living.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Does that mean that you don't have to tell or show your CCL unless the LEO asks if you Have one?.
    NO apparently Arkansas law stipulates that you must present your CHL any time an Arkansas LEO asks you for ID
    Any time a cop asks me "Is there anything I need to know about in this car?" my standard answer is "No"

I for one would probably just hand my CCL to him along with my DL.
    Entirely your call.

I would like to hear if you guys think thats a good idea or not.
    And the pissing contest begins
    Last edited by Treo; 07-03-2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Incorrect information
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Any time A LEO asks for ID you must inform the LEO that you are a CHCL permit holder and wait for instruction. Now if your just talking about the weather to a LEO you don't have to tell them and if you are unarmed. But basicly any time they ask for ID you NEED to tell them FIRST thing! You really don't want to surprise them.

Can you cite a relevant Arkansas statute that requires you to inform an LEO when he asks for I.D. ?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Can you cite a relevant Arkansas statute that requires you to inform an LEO when he asks for I.D. ?
    This is one of the subjects and questions covered in the CHCL class

I'm not a big fan of it, but it is what it is

AR Administrative Rules
    CHAPTER 3. License Possession Requirements
    Rule 3.2 Contact With Law Enforcement
    (a) While in possession of a concealed handgun, the licensee shall present the original
    license for inspection, along with an official form of photo identification, upon request
    for identification by any law enforcement officer.
    (b) In any official contact with law enforcement, if the licensee IS in possession of a
    handgun, when the officer asks the licensee for identification (driverís license, or
    personal information, such as name and date of birth), the licensee shall notify the
    officer that he or she holds a concealed handgun carry license and that he or she has a
    handgun in his or her possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Hope this will do.
    Must Inform Officer Immediately on Contact By Law?
    “YES”
    AR Administrative Rules
    (b) In any official contact with law enforcement, if the licensee IS in possession of a handgun, when the
    officer asks the licensee for identification (driver’s license, or personal information, such as name and date of
    birth), the licensee shall notify the officer that he or she holds a concealed handgun carry license and that he
    or she has a handgun in his or her possession.
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/arkansas.pdf
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Thank you!!!!!!!!! as always you guys are very helpful!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Hope this will do.
    Must Inform Officer Immediately on Contact By Law?
    “YES”
    AR Administrative Rules
    (b) In any official contact with law enforcement, if the licensee IS in possession of a handgun, when the
    officer asks the licensee for identification
    (driver’s license, or personal information, such as name and date of
    birth), the licensee shall notify the officer that he or she holds a concealed handgun carry license and that he
    or she has a handgun in his or her possession.
    Handgunlaw.us
    I didn't catch the bolded part now I need to go fix my first post