NW Arkansas Pumpkin Shoot
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NW Arkansas Pumpkin Shoot

Talking NW Arkansas Pumpkin Shoot

Guys,

I had an idea that might be great fun, and I wanted to run this past you...

The day after Halloween, pumpkins usually go on sale, for really cheap sometimes. Especially oldish pumpkins. So, I had an idea to organize a pumpkin shoot. Ever shot a pumpkin before? Fun!

We would need some place out in the sticks, on some private land. I have no clue where a good place might be, so I thought I might ask the Arkansas forum. Saturday Nov 3rd or Sun the 4th might be ideal for this; the first weekend after halloween, when pumpkins are readily had, and for cheap.

What better way to spend a brisk autumn afternoon? It's very much in the spirit of the season!

What do you guys think?

Last edited by ishi; 10-20-2007 at 03:51 PM.
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

This would be so cool to do..probably the biggest concern is the short notice right now in getting the BIG guns together...as for a place to shoot, I think I can score a place out here in Madison Co...and I may know a place or two in Washington Co also..all in all, I like the idea! You gonna allow Trebuchet's?
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    This would be so cool to do..probably the biggest concern is the short notice right now in getting the BIG guns together...as for a place to shoot, I think I can score a place out here in Madison Co...and I may know a place or two in Washington Co also..all in all, I like the idea! You gonna allow Trebuchet's?
    Sweet! I knew you'd come through, Dr. Lewall. If it's OK, I'll leave it to you to secure the location. I'll work the pumpkin procurement angle. Is Nov 3rd an OK date to shoot for?

Trebuchet, HELL YES! I've actually designed something similar, although it's never been tested... :o

Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

Thumbs up Jc40

Damn.i wish i lived closer because i would definately attend an event like that.i think your on to something that could become big.

The 3rd NOV would probably be a good date for everyone but me..I'll be in ES that weekend..but as I said, I think I can score a site that would be real easy to get too right on hwy 74 here in Madison Co...BIG pasture and abt a 1/4 mile to 1/2 to the creek (abt 80 + acres) and its FLAT!..will make a phone call here in just a few to see if "Jay" will allow us to picth punkins!
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com

I called Jay but of course I got his machine..I left a msg for him to call me and told a little of what we want to do..hopefully I will hear back from him soon! Keep your fingers crossed and the powder dry!
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com

Hmm, for a really flat area, maybe devising a bullet trap would be necessary? I was thinking that ideally it would be best to put the pumpkin targets in front of a hill, so the hill catches the bullets.

Hrm, maybe 10 november would still be OK for a pumpkin shoot. Without Doc L, I think this whole thing might fall apart. Wanted to meet you anyway Doc.

-Mark Twain

funny you should ask agn...I may be able to fullfil your request for a hil side too! will keep you advised!
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com

Anyone else here in NWA have access to a place where we can shoot and kill pumkins? THis will not be a "shoot a pumkin from a cannon" sorta deal..pumkins will be the targets..we need a place that has a LARGE berm to catch bullets, prefer a berm that is clean and free of rocks (ricochet hazard) and abt 15ft tall..so if you know a place, let us know here..time is short.
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com

update

Okay, I'm researching ozark national forest land on wedington blacktop road. I'm going to locate and talk to the nat'l forest rangers to see if I can arrange access.

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast