"Printing" in Arkansas
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Printing" in Arkansas

"Printing" in Arkansas

I am signed up for my CCW class coming up soon, and I have a question for people living in Arkansas. I have read every law I could find about carrying concealed, but no mention of anything regarding printing of your weapon. How "concealed" is concealed here?

you can print all you want, as long as it is "concealed"..if printing is going to cause you worry, then try hard not to print by dressing to conceal..its really pretty simple.
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

I had my CHL class Saturday, and I asked Lt. Scott Lewis of the Springdale PD about printing, and his answer made me kind of nervous. He said there are no laws about "printing", but he said if someone called the police about my gun, the first time I would probably get a warning. More than once and the cops would call the state police and recommend my license get revoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I had my CHL class Saturday, and I asked Lt. Scott Lewis of the Springdale PD about printing, and his answer made me kind of nervous. He said there are no laws about "printing", but he said if someone called the police about my gun, the first time I would probably get a warning. More than once and the cops would call the state police and recommend my license get revoked.
    Hence why you should learn how to dress properly and not "print". I haven't had any problems with printing. I check and double check myself before going out in public.

gf

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Hence why you should learn how to dress properly and not "print". I haven't had any problems with printing. I check and double check myself before going out in public.

gf
    I understand what you mean. I just wonder why the law says I don't have to worry about printing, but the cops say I do. Oh well. I guess I'll have to make them happy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I understand what you mean. I just wonder why the law says I don't have to worry about printing, but the cops say I do. Oh well. I guess I'll have to make them happy too.
    It's not about making the LEO "happy" as much as it would be knowing the law and doing your best to comply. The law may not specifically state that "printing" is illegal, but there may be language in the law with regard to the definition of "concealed". If a casual observer can tell that you're carrying, then it isn't exactly "concealed" is it? True that the observer wouldn't know if it's a "real" gun or not, but in any case, it would be reasonable to believe that it is. Do it enough times and I'm sure that someone will do something about it.

There are many options out there for responsible CC. I'm sure that you'll find a few that will fit your particular situation.

Good luck, and stay safe!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

as a card carring gun toter, I "assume" the risks involved with carring a fire arm. If I don't dress to conceal, then I assume the risk of being caught/ratted out on. I take steps to "minimize that risk by dress to conceal. All it would take is a call to the local PD abt a complaint of, man with a gun...won't do you any good and almost gives the rest of us a black eye..print all you want, but assume the risks that go with it.
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

Don't get me wrong, I'm not planning on going around in skin tight clothes with a billboard saying "LOOK AT ME!". I was just hoping for some kind of legal cushion, for those "just in case" times. Unless I sacrifice speed and access for deep concealment, like a SmartCarry or Thunderwear, I realize I won't be perfectly concealed all the time, every time. I'm not trying to be irresponsible, just careful.

You're a new carrier....it's normal to be paranoid that the whole world is looking at you and knows you're carrying. That feeling will go away with time. An untucked shirt goes a long way. Just about everyone nowadays has something clipped to their belt. There's no way of telling, without pulling up your shirt, if that lump is the grip of a 1911, an insulin pump, or a cell phone holder.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast