CCW in church?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCW in church?

CCW in church?

The Morning News: Legislature : Bill To Allow Guns In Church

LITTLE ROCK — Arkansans with permits to carry concealed handguns could bring their guns to church under a bill filed Tuesday by state Rep. Beverly Pyle, R-Cedarville.

House Bill 1237 would remove any church or other place of worship from the list of places that a person with a license to carry a concealed handgun is not allowed to carry a gun under state law.

Because of so many things that’s happened across the nation in our churches, so many incidents and deaths, this is something that needs to be addressed before something else happens in our state, Pyle said.

The bill also would allow concealed handguns in the parking lots of places of worship.

Pyle said a church could post a sign banning handguns but would still be allowed under the bill to give certain people permission to carry guns into the church.

Guns in church may be more common than people realize, Pyle said. "We’d probably be surprised how many people do it already because they forget they have it in their purse," she said.

Fourteen House members have signed as co-sponsors of the bill.
    The mighty oak was once a little nut who held it's ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    The Morning News: Legislature : Bill To Allow Guns In Church

LITTLE ROCK — Arkansans with permits to carry concealed handguns could bring their guns to church under a bill filed Tuesday by state Rep. Beverly Pyle, R-Cedarville.

House Bill 1237 would remove any church or other place of worship from the list of places that a person with a license to carry a concealed handgun is not allowed to carry a gun under state law.

Because of so many things that’s happened across the nation in our churches, so many incidents and deaths, this is something that needs to be addressed before something else happens in our state, Pyle said.

The bill also would allow concealed handguns in the parking lots of places of worship.

Pyle said a church could post a sign banning handguns but would still be allowed under the bill to give certain people permission to carry guns into the church.

Guns in church may be more common than people realize, Pyle said. "We’d probably be surprised how many people do it already because they forget they have it in their purse," she said.

Fourteen House members have signed as co-sponsors of the bill.
    Somebody has their thinking straight!

I dont have a problem with that.

Thumbs up

Many thanks to Rep. Beverly Pyle. We need more representatives like Rep. Pyle.
    Preserve the 2nd amendment and firearms, THE NRA NEEDS YOU NOW!
    May the happiest day of your past, be the saddest day or your future.
    Today is the very first day of the rest of your life!

It's sad that you don't already have that right. You have to pass a bill to get the right. In NH we can carry anyplace we would like. Other then Federal buildings and court houses and dew to Federal law school zones. It's good to see this type of thing. In the past few months i have seen more and more pushes for less gun laws.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Sorry to hear about that. We don't have that problem in Florida!
    -= Piece Corps =-

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post

... sorry to hear about that. We don't have that problem in Florida!
    Or in Texas! :)
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

9. This will probably blow some people away, figureatively that is. Though in Illinois there is no LTC, you can transport an unloaded encased handgun on your person and have a loaded magazine in the case, with a Firearm Owners ID (FOID) card. Churches aren't off limits. Something called "6 seconds from safety" or "fanny packing". In this regard we are better off in church than in some other states with LTC , but a ban on church carry. Did HB1237 pass in Arkansas?

Had mine strapped to me in Sunday morning service

11. In Illinois HB182 was just signed by the governor and went into law, it covered carrying firearms on private property with owners permission. An Illinois church could now give permission to members or attenders to conceal carry on church property and they would be legal conceal carrying a firearm. They would of course have to unload and case it when leaving the property.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast