• Charcoal

7 70.00%
  • Gas

3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Gas or Charcoal?

1. Quote Originally Posted by fstroupe View Post
    The BBQ Forum has been idle far too long. Do you use gas or charcoal?

Personally I only have charcoal capability, but thinking about picking up my first gas grill in about 10 years, to burn dogs and burgers a little faster.

May I offer another alternative?
    I have been using a pellet grill for about 7 months now and I think its a great combination of the good points of both with the ability to smoke thrown in.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Gas or Charcoal

I to prefer Charcoal although I'm thinking about adding a small gas grill just to be able to cook outside more and save the kitchen heat during the summer.

charcoal is the best!I personally like the "cowboy charcoal" brand really gives the meat agreat flavor

Quote Originally Posted by SPRSkip View Post
    May I offer another alternative?
    I have been using a pellet grill for about 7 months now and I think its a great combination of the good points of both with the ability to smoke thrown i
    While getting a haircut I was discussing smoking pork butts with my barber. He then told me about pellets available at a local pool supply store. Gonna pick up a bag of hickory pellets and try them out. I am assuming I have to wrap them in foil and throw on top of the charcoal.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Blog Entries
    Lump charcoal only. I have a gas but rairly use it anymore. We cook out several times a week during summer and once or twice durring winter. Bought a big green egg used about a year ago and Its great

Charcoal grill and charcoal smoker. Gas has its place just not in my weekend grilling.
    rmw66- "gun free zones = criminal empowerment zones "

Charcoal with chunks of pecan wood. I also use a chimmney starter to get it going. Never use fluid too many chemicals and costs too much.

Charcoal with mesquite in the briquets, gives a nice smoke flavor to everything you cook.

Blog Entries
    Charcoal! I love squashing the burger and watching the flames shoot up.

11. I have both and prefer Gas. Both can give excellent results and both can be screwed up. The gas is quicker to heat up and its a lot easier to adjust heat, if necessary.

If you want more smoke flavor with a gas grill, it is pretty easy to soak your choice of wood, wrap in foil, punch a few holes and put under the grill rack.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast