Smoked Brisket - Crock Pot version
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoked Brisket - Crock Pot version

Smoked Brisket - Crock Pot version

Too cold to smoke outside, or don't have the time to tend it all day?

Do it in a crock pot.

Beef Brisket
    Garlic
    Black pepper
    Liquid smoke

Trim excess fat from brisket, cut to approximate size of crock pot.
    Line crock pot with 4 - 5 layers of foil, leaving enough to fully wrap the meat.
    Place first piece in crock, sprinkle with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of liquid smoke, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic, and fresh ground black pepper.
    Place second piece on first and repeat.

I usually have 3 layers of brisket, and choose the crock pot size to achieve this, based on size of brisket.

Wrap the meat entirely in the foil, and cook on low for 8 hours. Do not add any liquid.

It will be juicy, have a nice 'smoked' flavor, and literately fall apart.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

I've never used mine without liquid. I thought some kind of liquid was madatory.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

4. IMHO liquid smoke is nasty. As far as temp I run my smoker all year. I have turned out some great product during snowstorms.
    This gentleman is how one smokes meat...

Thanks guys.........now I got a hankering to go along with salivation it get from your PIC.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by maine04619 View Post
    IMHO liquid smoke is nasty. As far as temp I run my smoker all year. I have turned out some great product during snowstorms.
    This gentleman is how one smokes meat...

Gas smoker? yea, they can keep the heat, my smoker is wood fired, usually fruit wood, apple or cherry. Takes tending, and just not practical when cold, raining, or when I don't have a day to baby sit it. Ribs, yea, they only take 2 - 3 hours, a brisket, 6 -8 hours.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallstones View Post
    I've never used mine without liquid. I thought some kind of liquid was madatory.
    I thought so too, very skeptical the first time, but no liquid is needed.

8. Hey maine guy: What kind of smoker do you use?

9. Maine, you can't just post that without instructions!!! What kind of rub? How long, and at what temp? Wood or electric smoker? I have been eyeing up a wood smoker, I'm just not sure where to start.

Maine: I admire your pictures. Send me a sample. About two pounds please. ;)
    Jim Page

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

Interesting, never would have thought to try brisket in a crock pot. I did smoke a pork shoulder last week for about 9.5 hours, then wrapped it in foil overnight & tossed it in the crockpot to reheat the next day. Worked great!
    Montani Semper Liberi

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast