Big Green Egg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Green Egg

Big Green Egg

Anyone else on here cook on a big green egg cooker? I picked one up about 6 months ago and the fam and I love it Big Green Egg-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417049900.884569.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't but I've always wanted one. My friend just got one and we've pull off some great chicken, steaks and pizzas off of it.

I bought one a year and a half ago and have cooked on it every night since. I have never had food that tasted that food. Always moist. It makes great jerky. It quickly turns into a life style. I am doing the Turkey tomorrow for the first time. Enjoy the egg!

Just smoked a nice brisket for 8 of us today. 7 hrs at a straight 250 degrees. What I like best is making pizza in the BGE.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

No doubt about the lifestyle :) we probably use it at least two times a week ... Enjoy the family time it creates as well Big Green Egg

Big Green Egg

Not to sound stupid or ignorant but..... Where would you buy one if you wanted one?

Got to the web site and they have a dealer locator. I made the mistake of buying a medium. We thought it would be big enough for just the two of us.

They tried to talk us into a large but we didn't listen. OOPS.
    We make it work but there is not enough room for sides. We also found out since the large is the popular size all the accessories are made for the large. If you decide to buy, get the large.

Quote Originally Posted by kimber45acp View Post
    Got to the web site and they have a dealer locator. I made the mistake of buying a medium. We thought it would be big enough for just the two of us.

They tried to talk us into a large but we didn't listen. OOPS.
    We make it work but there is not enough room for sides. We also found out since the large is the popular size all the accessories are made for the large. If you decide to buy, get the large.
    Agreed .... Get the large especially if you ha e a family of at least 4 ....as far as finding a dealer around here some lumber yards are selling them and also fireplace / gas propane types ... Enjoy

I went on line to see what you guys were talking about. I can get a good newer used car for that kind of money. Alton Brown built one out of a large flower pot to cook a turkey in a few years back.

I picked up a used Aussie all stainless grill on craigs list for $3.00. The guy had purchased a new grill and was all apoloigic the Aussie did not have a propane tank. I had some. Best $3 i ever spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock20 View Post
    I went on line to see what you guys were talking about. I can get a good newer used car for that kind of money. Alton Brown built one out of a large flower pot to cook a turkey in a few years back.

I picked up a used Aussie all stainless grill on craigs list for $3.00. The guy had purchased a new grill and was all apoloigic the Aussie did not have a propane tank. I had some. Best $3 i ever spent.
    Glad you got a good deal :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast