IKEA not gun friendly
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IKEA not gun friendly

IKEA not gun friendly

Went to the IKEA here in Charlotte NC today and found on the frount door NO FIREARMS ALLOWED! Needless to say didn't go in want be back. Went to there website to tell them about it and there isn't even a way to contact them.

The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota
    I've never seen a sign in the IKEA in Minnesota. I carry whenever I go there (and everywhere else) and so far never had an issue. Of course I Conceal Carry 99.99% of the time so that could be why I've never had a problem.
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet

IKEA is well positioned on the left side of the political spectrum, hence their Swedish roots.

No issues here in Michigan eather. Shop there often.
    AL
    Proverbs 25:28 - A man without self control is like a city broken into and left without walls.

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    IKEA is well positioned on the left side of the political spectrum, hence their Swedish roots.
    You do understand that Sweden is one of the extremely few nations in the world that issues every able bodied citizen a firearm for defence of the nation?

Contrary to your statement, I have been told by Swedish Nationals that gun ownership is not restricted.

As for IKEA, here in central FL, neither of the stores in my area have any signs posted and I've C&C in both without incident.

just my experiences.

It's the same for texas too, well atleast the one in round rock, TX. sign right on the door. NO FIREARMS... needless to say i dont shop there often...

Red face Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    You do understand that Sweden is one of the extremely few nations in the world that issues every able bodied citizen a firearm for defence of the nation?

Contrary to your statement, I have been told by Swedish Nationals that gun ownership is not restricted.

As for IKEA, here in central FL, neither of the stores in my area have any signs posted and I've C&C in both without incident.

just my experiences.
    Okay. SO I'm retracting what I said. I evidently don't know the difference between Sweden and Switzerland!

Got a call from my bud that I referred to and he was quick to point out that there IS some separation between Switzerland and Sweded, like a couple of thousand miles!

So the quesation remains; what's this I hear about IKEA not being gun friendly?

I've heard the same. A guy on another forum got a letter from them which stated they do not allow firearms. At the time he was asked to leave the store he was getting ready to make a purchase over 3k. They didn't care. Not that 3k is a big deal to a place as big as IKEA, but it lets you know where they stand.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

What's the State Law concerning display of NO CC. If they're not abiding by the letter of the Law enough said, sign is no good. If they are and you CC, what would be the consequences of being caught? Is it worth the risk?
    Choices, we always have choices.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Sounds like IKEA prefers not to deal with honest folks, no money of mine will be spent there, we need an "I carry and shop where I can carry" Hitting these and other folks in the pocketbook would be a good start.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast