Lowes Home Improvement Stores and their anti gun policies - Page 10
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowes Home Improvement Stores and their anti gun policies

Axeanda45 you were the one that responded to the comments I made back on 1-22-11. You are the one that seems to get upset when someone states something other than what your hard head limits you to think. I stated facts only. It is a business property that has invited the public to go spend their hard earned money BUT IT IS STILL Private Property. Get this through your limited intellect. Otherwise the manager could not ask you to leave. If you don't you will be cited for trespassing because eventhough it is a business property it falls into the realm of private property. This is what you stated was 100 % wrong to my original post. Go start your own post and I promise not to post in it so you won't have another hissy fit as you seem to have by all the quotes you put on your posts to respond to others who do not share your views. I was only reaffirming what Nightmare 45 stated about them asking people to leave on the second page of this thread. When you went off. Please restrict yourself to what your quotation states under your posts. "Leave me alone and I will leave you alone"

Quote Originally Posted by el maestro View Post
    Axeanda45 you were the one that responded to the comments I made back on 1-22-11. You are the one that seems to get upset when someone states something other than what your hard head limits you to think. I stated facts only. It is a business property that has invited the public to go spend their hard earned money BUT IT IS STILL Private Property.Who has the hard head here... You still have NO CONCEPT of the issue, as you just proved AGAIN.... It is NOT private property, period, it is BUSINESS PROPERTY that is PRIVATELY OWNED, there is a MAJOR DIFFERENCE between the two that YOU CANT SEEM GET INTO YOUR THICK HEAD... Get this through your limited intellect. Otherwise the manager could not ask you to leave. If you don't you will be cited for trespassing because eventhough it is a business property it falls into the realm of private property. This is what you stated was 100 % wrong to my original post. IT IS STILL WRONG DUDE, GET A CLUE Go start your own post and I promise not to post in it so you won't have another hissy fit as you seem to have by all the quotes you put on your posts to respond to others who do not share your views. I was only reaffirming what Nightmare 45 stated about them asking people to leave on the second page of this thread. When you went off. Please restrict yourself to what your quotation states under your posts. "Leave me alone and I will leave you alone"
    I am amazed of your ignorance once again., really, you keep outdoing yourself ..

Maybe these little tidbits will help you see a difference between PRIVATE property and BUSINESS property that is PRIVATELY OWNED....

Do you need to get BUSINESS licenses and permits for PRIVATE property? Here is a clue: NO!

Do you have to comply with certain regulations like for example occupancy limits per the Fire Marshall at your house/home? Another clue: NO!

Do you have to comply with local health regulations when you serve your family dinner or risk losing your "permit" to serve food at your home? Final clue: NO!

Now go and try to open a BUSINESS WITHOUT having to fill out all kinds of forms, and complying with hundreds if not thousands of rules and regulations... then come back here and give us a little report on just how PRIVATE that little BUSINESS really is, K?

Maybe those few examples have rattled your brain some....

I think I hear your mother calling you from upstairs little guy....... suppers ready

JSDinTexas Guest
    It's my understanding that the owner of Lowes is anti-gun so I don't care if I can carry in there or not because I don't give them my business. No anti-gun person or business will ever get my money if I can help it.

Texas is a private property state, under Texas concealed carry if posted with the proper sign you may not carry into the store, if not posted and you carry and expose the weapon the manager can ask you to leave the store. Since I have noticed no signs in my local Lowes this seems to be a mute point.

Funny, I've carried open and concealed in both HD and Lowes here in Raleigh and Cary NC and never had a problem with either one. Oh well, go figure...

Who cares what some business manager or owner says. Simply carry CONCEALED and to heck with them. As far as I'm concerned, this goes anywhere except federal buildings, hospitals, and schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Hiding your gun does NOTHING to educate anyone, and NOTHING to deter a criminal, did you ever think about that?
    If you want to teach folk, start a school or do it on public ground, not on private property you don't own (which is what any store or anything else that isn't paid for by our tax dollars is). People should not have other people's views jammed in their face when they go out to shop, one way or the other about any "hot topic" you like.

So you want to protect yourself and/or others around you from harm. Great! But doing so doesn't require a handgun to be out in plain view. You really think it will deter a true criminal?!? You will be very lucky if it even postpones what they have planned because many will just target you first before you have anything at all to react to (that gives them an extra loaded gun and gives them more control over their situation because all the sheep know they're willing to kill). The absolute best you can hope for is that they wait until you're gone or go elsewhere to do their criminal acts... Surely you don't think your pistol hanging in a holster is frightening to a criminal or anything beyond someone's children... (or an adult with a child's mind about such things)... You really think you and your pistol being seen is going to make this criminal give up on crime altogether? You're a very silly person if you do. We need to let the bad guys think everyone is unarmed so they will go through with whatever they have planned, then we assess the situation and then react at a proper moment; we have too many of them around the way it is and could use a few weeded out. Once they realize they can't go anywhere without assuming everyone is armed, THAT may deter them.

In my opinion being someone that OCs and CCs depending on the nature of my travels; I think that open carry on private property that is open to the public is for LEO, those looking for attention (immature), and those with a chip on their shoulder they're daring someone to knock off (bully mentality). There have been MAYBE one or two folk I've met in my travels that could sucessfully accomplish OC without looking like they were out for trouble or attention. I think part of that is to do with the definition of open carry being "visible from three sides". That makes for a rather prominant display.

Those that wish to carry on private property other than their own should carry concealed out of respect for anyone else's beliefs because in my mind you are only worthy of the respect you FREELY give to others.

I think everyone legal to own a firearm should do so and should have a firearm with them at all times, not everyone feels that way and they're just as free as I am. My freedom to bear my firearm should not infringe on their right to "feel" safe thinking (with their head in the sand) that there are no firearms around.

If you want to educate someone, walk up to them and have a conversation. Don't put your opinion on display on your hip in everyone's view on property you don't own and get defensive when you're told to stop; all that does is make you look like a stick and two stones that is totally ignorant about property rights.

All that said, I go to Lowes here in WV all the time and never have any issues. I conceal to the best of my ability when there, but at times it's hard loading a pickup full of lumber without my teeshirt hanging on it. I'd not be shocked if someone has seen it, but nobody has said anything. My guess is OP appeared too intimidating for the store employees or a customer which is why something was said, my main gripe with many is the way they'll "defend their rights" on land they have no rights on. If you don't own the land or the land isn't state owned, you have no rights except to do as requested by the owners of that land or their representatives, or leave the property.

9. Who really cares what Lowe's post as to their firearm policies. I sure don't :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    Who really cares what Lowe's post as to their firearm policies. I sure don't :-)
    As long as your state is like mine and signs and store policies mean nothing and they must verbally ask a person to leave before risk of criminal violation, I agree just so long as folk comply with their verbal requests without a 2A rant (disturbing the peace). Asking you to leave has nothing to do with 2A, they can ask for any reason they deem suitable and don't even need to provide you with a reason. Property laws state you must leave if requested. If it's my property and I tell someone to leave and they don't, I'm beginning to fear for my life and reaching for my guns, if they're still around by the time I've got em in hand, I'm really scared and pulling the triggers. They must be some really bad and dangerous individuals if they don't comply with my requests on my land. Far as I'm concerned, I tell someone to leave my land they don't even get the freedom of speech. I'm a friendly guy but if I have a reason to tell someone to leave my land, I don't want any conversation about it and would likely shoot before conversing any at all.

11. Never had a problem in Vegas either, I'll keep an eye out though.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast