Lowes Home Improvement Stores and their anti gun policies - Page 11
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowes Home Improvement Stores and their anti gun policies

Openly carrying a firearm is a RIGHT.... If you dont like it, go eat shoe polish lpc1625.......

The "Private Property but actually business property" part has been settled by people who live in reality... maybe you should read all the posts about it and come join us there (reality) instead of repeating the FALSEHOOD that has been PROVEN WRONG ALREADY....

I think everyone legal to own a firearm should do so and should have a firearm with them at all times, not everyone feels that way and they're just as free as I am. My freedom to bear my firearm should not infringe on their right to "feel" safe thinking (with their head in the sand) that there are no firearms around.
    Uhmmmm, just noticed this area of your post LPC1625..... Could you PLEASE show us where, in the Constitution, and/or the Bill Of Rights that we have the "RIGHT" to "FEEL" safe?????

was a cop for over 25 years. Last 10 years in plain clothes. Sergeant of Investigations the 43 in Sarge43 was my badge number.
    Was taught and always taught others to keep your badge and weapon concealed when in plain clothes and in public. Keeps you from being the 1st one shot. The element of surprise works best when it is a surprise.

Even if open carry was the law of the land, I'd keep mine concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Openly carrying a firearm is a RIGHT.... If you dont like it, go eat shoe polish lpc1625.......

The "Private Property but actually business property" part has been settled by people who live in reality... maybe you should read all the posts about it and come join us there (reality) instead of repeating the FALSEHOOD that has been PROVEN WRONG ALREADY....
    "been settled by people who live in reality"?!? and who would that be?

"posts about it" "PROVEN WRONG ALREADY."?!?! Internet posts by this twit and that one as proof? LOL I think not...

Find me a state with a law on the books that states failure to comply with their demand to leave is NOT trespassing (sites with .gov only), there isn't one that I've seen and I've read a good many of them for my travels... I'd like to see any that say failure to leave isn't trespassing so I know where NEVER to buy property. I tell a person to leave my property, they do anything besides head for the horizon I'm taking that as a threat and will react accordingly.

Read up on property rights, everything I've seen (not counting uninformed internet squabblers) has said that any BUSINESS or any other property owner in any of the states I've read up on has the right to ask you to leave if they don't want you open carrying (or if they just don't want you there, think "no shirt, no shoes, no service" at the local gas station and "no tie no seat" at fancy restaurants, VFWs, Eagle's clubs, Moose Lodges all restrict access according to the business they want). That is their right as the owner of the land and your right to carry or go shoeless and tieless does not supersede their rights as the property owner (sorry to bust your bubble but you simply are not more important than they are). That being said, their property rights do not supersede your right to carry or go shoeless and tieless either, you just need to go elsewhere. Some states, all they need to do is post a sign. Violate their request to leave (or even entering a place with a sign in states that the sign carries weight of law) and you are the criminal. You are trespassing. If you feel you have been discriminated against, that's a totally different argument and need to go talk to a lawyer AFTER you leave quietly so you're not being a criminal and trespassing or disturbing the peace.

I think we have the right to have and bear arms where ever and for whatever the reasons our free minds deem fit, but as I also stated; I only think a person is due the respect that they are willing to freely give to others. Not everyone thinks as you or I do, if you don't respect their opinions, your opinions are quite simply not worthy of respect. You're free to conceal carry, and if you're able to do so properly you'll never have any issues. But it quite simply works as such; your freedom ends where everyone else's begins and same goes the other way around; you go eat shoe polish if ya don't like it cause that's the only way free people can get along; respecting each other's freedoms.

Uhmmmm, just noticed this area of your post LPC1625..... Could you PLEASE show us where, in the Constitution, and/or the Bill Of Rights that we have the "RIGHT" to "FEEL" safe?????
    Well golly-gee, how about our three most basic rights as laid out in the Declaration of Independance??? The right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. The Constitution and The Bill of Rights were simply created to add more definition to the freedoms we as Americans have.
    -Right to Life means I should be free of fear of someone taking my life from me. They gave us the second amendment in the BoR as a means of defending that right. The right to feel safe does exist, it's just non-existant because too many in this country and world don't respect that right and allow it to be a reality. If people respected that right above all others, there wouldn't be need for most of the laws we have on the books.
    -The right to Liberty means I am free to govern my own decisions on how to conduct my life and I shall see to it that I am responsible with and for my freedoms. Part of being responsible means I shall set out NOT to infringe on another's LIFE, LIBERTY, and PURSUIT of HAPPINESS that THEY have an EQUAL right to.
    -The right to the Pursuit of Happiness means I am within my LIBERTY to SEEK out the things that bring me JOY in the LIFE I have a right to

That right to life thing and such sorta plays AGAINST the whole open carry thing. I see someone open carry, it makes me a bit nervous for three reasons. First is, how do I know they're not a moron with no clue about guns? How can I be sure they've not got some junker gun that's ready to snap inside and send a round flying? Only thing I can do stay clear and hope their potential of being a moron doesn't interfere with my right to life. Second is, I honestly don't think they've thought through the whole process of civilian urban tactical engagement and are endangering their own right to life should something truly happen. All I can do in this situation is raise my situational awareness and keep myself positioned as such I'll not end up in a crossfire should something happen. And the third is, if they have thought it all through and still open carry everywhere, they're daring anyone to have something to say (bully mentality). Any of those three ways you look at it, I get a bit nervous my right to life is at slightly higher risk with them around because whatever the reason, they don't think like a normal person in my view. Keep in mind, I do think there are scenarios where open carry is appropriate and do so myself as the occasions occur. In a store while shopping is not one of them and just bad taste more than anything. I see someone in a store with some handcannon hanging halfway down their leg and "bling for a stick and two stone redneck" is what goes through my mind.

But either way... I was meaning more to the effect of having the freedom to live life with their head stuck in the sand. Ain't your place or mine to pull their head out of the sand or their butt or anything else. Why deal with the bunch of mamby pamby clowns at all? We're the majority. They are just as closed-minded as the ones that do open carry and dare anyone to have anything to say about it anyhow. I'll make an attempt at reason with an open carry advocate of this type because as discussion and/or debate occurs wisdom increases, a moron that knows nothing of gun safety can learn, a bully's mentality will fade, and proper civilian urban tactical engagement can be discussed rationally. Someone that is anti-gun there is ZERO reasoning with from all I've experienced (anti-gun a.k.a. stupid, simply equals uneducatable) and life has enough drama without unduly creating more. Seems the far sides of any debate are always the most unreasonable and generally the cause of all the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge43 View Post
    was a cop for over 25 years. Last 10 years in plain clothes. Sergeant of Investigations the 43 in Sarge43 was my badge number.
    Was taught and always taught others to keep your badge and weapon concealed when in plain clothes and in public. Keeps you from being the 1st one shot. The element of surprise works best when it is a surprise.

Because you sir, are in my opinion a fine example of someone who thinks things through.

I'm pretty sure that's common teaching practices across the country. Most criminals "case" a place before following through with any criminal acts. If they see you are armed or have a badge, the absolute best you can hope for is that they postpone their attack or go elsewhere because if they follow through knowing you're there and armed are going to look to remove you as a threat to their goals first thing (if taking out someone that appears to be a cop isn't part of their goal). Many criminals consider this a "notch in their belt" and many gangland initiations include such things.

Well "Golly Gee" right back at you LPC1625.....

Your posts are wrong on sooooo many levels, I am not even going to try anymore, as you have already proven you are beyond help.

Here is something you might want to do if you actually want to be correct about some of the things you are talking about....... Get yourself a copy of the Federalist papers and study them.

Well, I lied, there is ONE thing I gotta bust yer chops over, as it is almost the stupidest thing I have read in a year....... Your statement that "Well golly-gee, how about our three most basic rights as laid out in the Declaration of Independance??? The right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness." Is SOOOOOOOOO far off base and rooted in some kind of fantasy land that I can hardly believe that you can remember to breathe....., much less put sentences together....... There is NOTHING in there that gives you a "RIGHT" not to be offended, or a "RIGHT" not to get your feelings hurt......

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge43 View Post

OMG!!!!! Its the LIE that NEVER DIES!!!!!!! The whole "element of surprise" thingy has got to go......... Sarge, just because someone is taught for years that 2+2=5, does that make it correct? Ever think that your being a "Police Officer" might have something to do with what tactics you were taught, and the reason for them? You were taught to cover up your gun when in plain clothes because of many reasons... one would be that you, as a cop, would have made bitter enemies of some of the criminal element, correct? How about that "Plain clothes" thingy too? Wouldnt having an exposed badge and gun just totally ruin the whole "PLAIN CLOTHES" idea..... IF you wore your gun and badge exposed, the criminals would know you were a cop, lol, and you would be nearly as well served just to wear the uniform.......

This forum is NOT a police training forum, it is 95% civilian,. Hence, it is for discussing CIVILIAN tactics and practices, NOT COPS. I challenge you to provide us here with JUST ONE example of a CIVILIAN, not a cop or security guard/etc.... being shot first because they were open carrying... JUST one, is that so hard to do?.... well, actually, it is, because one doesnt exist.......

Axeanda45
    Did I say you don't have a right to offend someone or hurt their feelings? You have that right, but does it make it right? I think it is an abuse of liberty.

Your disregard for others will only lead them to disregard you; you are one, they are many. This seems wise to you?

Ehhh, most small communities have a crazy old coot that lives alone in a shack outside of town that rambles a bunch of mindless drivel, guess they gotta come from somewhere.

Axeanda45:
    Just because a news article isn't readily available and nobody feels like doing the digging to show an open carrier being shot first doesn't mean the tactic isn't valid and possible, open your mind. In such search you couldn't fully exclude even non-uniformed police because to a crook, anyone they see with a gun is likely to be a cop or at minimum a threat to their criminal plans. Granted, the more likely scenario is they wait until the open carrier is gone or they go elsewhere (how is that protecting your fellow man?). The way you seem to think seeing a gun on a citizen's hip is going to turn them from a life of crime is the fantasy. How do plain clothes police tactics differ so much from concealed carry that the tactics and reasonings they're employed aren't valid for a concealed carry citizen? If a plain clothes cop doesn't hide their sidearm, how do they look any different from any other open carrying citizen? You statements have zero merit and nothing to back them up. From all I've discovered, the best option is to let the bad guys be bad guys and suffer the consequences of being taken off guard because, until you can show some proof that invalidates the many centuries of surprise attacks being successful, the element of surprise "thingy" has long been proven a valid and effective tactic. Are you sure you can remember to breathe? Blood clot go to your head or something?

there is ONE thing I gotta bust yer chops over, as it is almost the stupidest thing I have read in a year....... Your statement that "Well golly-gee, how about our three most basic rights as laid out in the Declaration of Independance??? The right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness." Is SOOOOOOOOO far off base and rooted in some kind of fantasy land that I can hardly believe that you can remember to breathe.....
    It's there, not off base, and is no fantasy. It is actually one of the smarter documents available to read if you have the capacity to grasp it. You truly are a sad American if you think it is stupid, or think it has no meaning. You have my pity.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast