Lowes Home Improvement Stores and their anti gun policies - Page 16
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowes Home Improvement Stores and their anti gun policies

Re: Complaints to companies

I agree- all of us need to get together to create petitions to send to these companies- not just Lowes, but ALL companies that keep trying to thwart us. We should try to encourage ALL gun owners to sign these petitions. If a company gets a statement signed by 5,000 (or better 10,000 or better yet 100,000) people, that will get their attention for sure.
    I agree!
    I think that Lowe's wants people to obey state, county, and city laws to cover their own butts- because of liability. The guy at my local Home Depot is a shooter, as is the manager. We all had a friendly chat and they seemed to think that this was the case (no pun). I think that their wording needs a lot of help. I also think that many individual managers who are anti-gun (however not all of them are AG)decided their own policies and corporate just went along with it.
    There were a bunch of armed robberies of Home Depot stores here, and they had to put armed Police officers in the stores as a deterrent. My friend and the manager both told me to keep shopping there, because I was cheaper than security guards. They told me that at least they knew me and knew that they could depend on me. LOL
    We all concurred that many store owners would say the same thing if they really got to know you all, and liked having someone they knew they could depend on (and didn't require a paycheck) in the store. Almost all companies bar employees from having guns mainly for liability reasons (to get liability insurance coverage), but also for fear of disgruntled employees.
    Now, they robbers have targeted Subway sandwich shops...What the hell is that about???
    Once again, get to know these managers. Be as polite as possible and you might be surprised about what they say.

3. What case, and where, did that occur? Man, I can't believe I missed that. And that is contradictory to the McDonald ruling.

4. I open carry @ Lowe's all the time. No problems in my neck 'o the woods.

Never had an issue at Lowes...

6. Oh, and I've never had a problem open carrying in Lowe's. The only problem I ever had was finding what the hell I needed, and god forbid you have to ask an employee anything, because f*ck if they know. This is why I go to Home Depot.

Oh ****. I just walked into a Lowe's a few weeks ago carrying. Chalk that up as two anti places I violated thoughtlessly. Oops.

8. Lowes hurts my feelings.

I have carried here in NC Lowes and have even had conversations with the managers but I carry concealed. I will try open carry tomorrow when I go pick up my grill parts and let you know if I get any looks.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

10. Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    Oh, and I've never had a problem open carrying in Lowe's. The only problem I ever had was finding what the hell I needed, and god forbid you have to ask an employee anything, because f*ck if they know. This is why I go to Home Depot.
    LOL!! I know what you mean. It's hard to even find one that will acknowledge your presence, much less help you. Next time you are in there, try to look them in the eyes while you are trying to find something. I bet they turn and walk the other way> LOL!

11. well dang it all, i did like Lowes.....

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast