Lowes Home Improvement Stores and their anti gun policies - Page 23
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Lowes Home Improvement Stores and their anti gun policies

Where my 'regular' job is it is no weapons policy. Told it isn't the owner, but the insurance company rates dictating his decision.

As for me, have CC'd in local Lowe's and Home Depot both, no signs what so ever posted at either one. And have seen OC in both.

Quote Originally Posted by nofrets1 View Post
    Legal or not, walking around with a firearm on your hip just makes you a target. Anti-gunners are going to target you... So will the bad guy. Let's face it, it a bad guy come into rob a place, he's going to scout out opposition and eliminate it. Take the target off your back and just carry concealed (if possible) and bypass all the drama of demanding to be right. I've carried concealed from one end of this country to the other (where it was legal for me to do so) and I have never been asked to leave any business establishment. Why? Because I don't make a point to telling them (or showing them) I'm armed. I'm just sayin'...
    Huh? What? Astounding realization that I just read about 6 open carriers killed during robberies and 7 others that had their firearms taken from them yesterday! With all these oc'ers loosing their firearms it's no wonder you cc'ers are so concerned about us! If we only had the wisdom imparted to you by your permission slips the world would be so much safer!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nofrets1 View Post
    Legal or not, walking around with a firearm on your hip just makes you a target. Anti-gunners are going to target you... So will the bad guy. Let's face it, it a bad guy come into rob a place, he's going to scout out opposition and eliminate it. Take the target off your back and just carry concealed (if possible) and bypass all the drama of demanding to be right. I've carried concealed from one end of this country to the other (where it was legal for me to do so) and I have never been asked to leave any business establishment. Why? Because I don't make a point to telling them (or showing them) I'm armed. I'm just sayin'...
    Prove this. With facts, events, etc all from a reliable source. And no, your instructor decal does not count.

personally i don't want to make a point of letting anyone know i carry either but that's just me and i have no qualms about those who choose to oc
    happy holidays
    gun control is being able to hit your target

I conceal my weapon, because I have to, living in Texas... but, after much reading and thought, I've never heard of anyone being targeted by bad guys... such as those about to attempt a robbery, and looking for people that are carrying a weapon. I think the majority of them are cowards who will take their bad guy business elsewhere if they should see someone else is armed. I wish my state would nullify all federal laws to the contrary, and allow the rights given to us by God and guaranteed by the 2d Amendment, to work as planned. I could almost guarantee that there would be less violence in TX.
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Quote Originally Posted by UATKP View Post
    I conceal my weapon, because I have to, living in Texas... but, after much reading and thought, I've never heard of anyone being targeted by bad guys... such as those about to attempt a robbery, and looking for people that are carrying a weapon. I think the majority of them are cowards who will take their bad guy business elsewhere if they should see someone else is armed. I wish my state would nullify all federal laws to the contrary, and allow the rights given to us by God and guaranteed by the 2d Amendment, to work as planned. I could almost guarantee that there would be less violence in TX.
    You are absolutely correct. There is NO incident on record showing where a BG intentionally targeted an OCer while in the act of comitting a crime. It has never happened ANYWHERE. Since it is not reasonable to assume that criminals have NEVER entered a place of business where an OCer was present, I suspect that they turned around, left and found easier pickens elsewhere. Of course, that doesn't matter to the antis. They are no different than the Schumers and Feinsteins and Clintons and their emotion based silly rhetoric. They even use some of the exact same nonsensical reasons such as, "they will take it from you and shoot you with it". Ignore them as you would Chucky and Di Di.

I understand that Texas might permit open carry in the near future. I hope so.
    All The Best
    Gunz

I think most BG don't look that closely to see who is armed or not. After all, you hear about BG's going into places to rob them that have uniformed LEO's in plain sight that the don't see. Doubt they are going to see the average OC'er who has a handgun normally holstered on his/her belt. Now if you were doing the AR in the ready carry, they may notice you (just a little humor there)

Who knows what the BGs think. I suspect most of them have an IQ equal to their shoe size as they try to hold up stores knowing there are cops in there.
    Point is, they don't target OCers first.
    All The Best
    Gunz

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223