Lowes Home Improvement Stores and their anti gun policies - Page 3
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowes Home Improvement Stores and their anti gun policies

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    My wallet and gun are very connected LOL.
    As they should be, because legal or not open carry freaks out the general public, which pisses off the mamagment of the store your in at the time, then the manager tells you to conceal or leave this pisses off you, then you start spewing 2nd amendment, which further pisses off SOME, but not all of the management your talking to, which leaves me saying pull your dam shirt over it, or put it in your pocket, and reholster when your done and left the store, and AVOID the 10 lb bag of crap you just went threw trying to prove a point that just about everybody you were trying to edjucate, could care less about

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    As they should be, because legal or not open carry freaks out the general public, which pisses off the mamagment of the store your in at the time, then the manager tells you to conceal or leave this pisses off you, then you start spewing 2nd amendment, which further pisses off SOME, but not all of the management your talking to, which leaves me saying pull your dam shirt over it, or put it in your pocket, and reholster when your done and left the store, and AVOID the 10 lb bag of crap you just went threw trying to prove a point that just about everybody you were trying to edjucate, could care less about
    Well, once you grow up and stop being concerned about how others FEEL about things.. the sooner you can unbunch yer nickers and get on with your life.

Hiding your gun does NOTHING to educate anyone, and NOTHING to deter a criminal, did you ever think about that?

Do you get this worked up over people exercising their 1st Amendment rights too? maybe you need some therapy or something...

You can be asked to leave any private property for any or no reason whatsoever. Lowe's is a store and yes it is private property. If you refuse to leave you will be cited or arrested for trespassing. Get a concealed weapons permit, which is available in New Hampshire, then there is no reason for anyone to ask you to leave because of it. If you really want to carry it in Lowe's or any other non-gun friendly place. Since it is supposed to be concealed and not seen by anyone. It should only be known to anyone there that you have it in an emergency life threatening situation. Period. If they know you and come up to you and ask if you are carrying just simply and kindly respond "No". They can not search you, basis for a lawsuit. If you are found out then kindly respond that since you been carrying it with you all day it felt so natural that you forgot and leave if asked. Take your business somewhere else. But, Concealed is Concealed. No one should know you are carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by el maestro View Post
    You can be asked to leave any private property for any or no reason whatsoever. Lowe's is a store and yes it is private property. If you refuse to leave you will be cited or arrested for trespassing. Get a concealed weapons permit, which is available in New Hampshire, then there is no reason for anyone to ask you to leave because of it. If you really want to carry it in Lowe's or any other non-gun friendly place. Since it is supposed to be concealed and not seen by anyone. It should only be known to anyone there that you have it in an emergency life threatening situation. Period. If they know you and come up to you and ask if you are carrying just simply and kindly respond "No". They can not search you, basis for a lawsuit. If you are found out then kindly respond that since you been carrying it with you all day it felt so natural that you forgot and leave if asked. Take your business somewhere else. But, Concealed is Concealed. No one should know you are carrying.

Actually, you are 100% wrong there.... Lowes is a BUSINESS property, and as such, has invited the PUBLIC onto their property.... Yes, even a business can ask anyone they want to leave, that is true... But answer us this little question: Can Lowes ask someone to leave because of the color of their skin? Or because of their religion? (to name just a few things) Do you think if they did that they would not be liable to fines/court judgments for doing so? There are a lot of differences between Business property and Private property, perhaps you just need to think a little deeper on this subject, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Well, once you grow up and stop being concerned about how others FEEL about things.. the sooner you can unbunch yer nickers and get on with your life.

Hiding your gun does NOTHING to educate anyone, and NOTHING to deter a criminal, did you ever think about that?

Do you get this worked up over people exercising their 1st Amendment rights too? maybe you need some therapy or something...
    LMAO +10

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by el maestro View Post

LOL what the hell are you talking about? This thread was not about myself carrying in a Lowes and being asked to leave. This thread was made after researching Lowes firearm policy's and all the story's of people being asked to leave. I step foot in Lowes every now and then but I tend to go out of my way to shop at another store. Lowes employees are rude and it seems they go out of their way to not help you and or make you feel stupid. I'm fine with paying more at the mom and pops stores and getting the customer service I want. I do have a concealed weapons permit but as so many other members seemed to love to bring up. Restricting the right to bear arms is being ANTI! They loved to point out that because I saw no point in OC a rilfe I was anti. As such Lowes falls into the same category. If you have never had any problems carrying in Lowes GOOD FOR YOU! Don't tell me what I should and shouldn't do unless you gave birth to me!

Regarding Lowe's, HD, Wal-Mart, etc

How did they see your gun?
    Take a very close look at your concealment wardrobe. Concealed means exactly that- concealed. I have zip-up sweatshirts I bought at WalMart and at Old Navy. They hang low over my beltline. I also use sportcoats on a regular basis. Also, I use Aloha shirts during summer (Aloha shirts are Hawiaan print shirts). I get the more subtle patterns (rather than the really bright ones) at WalMart and Target in Spring. A person can use plaid workshirts, or whatever style of clothing you like.

All of these garments have one thing in common: They hang low on my body- they all come down to approximately the bottom of my pocket liners on my pants. I buy most of these one size larger than I normally wear, so that I can button/zip them closed and still not print. Closing your garments is especially important when you live in potentially windy areas.
    It's important that you carefully consider your wardrobe when you choose to carry concealed and keep it concealed. Don't let people see it. A criminal will shoot you first if he knows you have a gun.

I hope this helps everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by rdc2co View Post
    How did they see your gun?
    Take a very close look at your concealment wardrobe. Concealed means exactly that- concealed. I have zip-up sweatshirts I bought at WalMart and at Old Navy. They hang low over my beltline. I also use sportcoats on a regular basis. Also, I use Aloha shirts during summer (Aloha shirts are Hawiaan print shirts). I get the more subtle patterns (rather than the really bright ones) at WalMart and Target in Spring. A person can use plaid workshirts, or whatever style of clothing you like.

All of these garments have one thing in common: They hang low on my body- they all come down to approximately the bottom of my pocket liners on my pants. I buy most of these one size larger than I normally wear, so that I can button/zip them closed and still not print. Closing your garments is especially important when you live in potentially windy areas.
    It's important that you carefully consider your wardrobe when you choose to carry concealed and keep it concealed. Don't let people see it. A criminal will shoot you first if he knows you have a gun.

I hope this helps everyone.
    Again THIS DID NOT HAPPEN TO ME! This thread was started after talking to and reading other peoples storys of being asked to leave! I then followed that up with a phone call to LOWES HQ and they comfrimed what all the people had been saying. My self as well as others carry both open and concealed I know how to conceal my firearm when I so choose to carry that way. But even when you carry concealed sometimes your firearm is able to be seen. Such was the case with one man who had to load his own drywall into his cart. His firearm was concealed but because he had to reach up and down to load the drywall his shirt moved and the gun was able to be seen. I think it's a total cop out for lowes to tell customers they follow local and fed laws on this issue(both concealed and OPEN) and then allow store managers not to follow corp policy. People carry however they want to carry be it open or concealed.

Just making a rhetorical comment not directed at

you personally. I did not intend to slam you personally. My comments are more directed at everyone reading this post- some of them are very new to cc and others, like you and I, are experienced.
    You did mention that it was not you that had the experiences, but others have had that experience, including myself, when I was new to cc.
    Nothing personal directed at you. Many apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by rdc2co View Post
    you personally. I did not intend to slam you personally. My comments are more directed at everyone reading this post- some of them are very new to cc and others, like you and I, are experienced.
    You did mention that it was not you that had the experiences, but others have had that experience, including myself, when I was new to cc.
    Nothing personal directed at you. Many apologies.
    It's not you I came off on. It was all the others who for some unknown reason could not read the OP where I stated it was not based on events that happend to me. Yet you still have people stating I should do this or that. It just drives you up the wall! When I read "What kind of" it sounded like you asking me how I conceal my firearm. Sorry for taking it the wrong way and I hope you injoy the forums.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast