Lowes Home Improvement Stores and their anti gun policies - Page 4
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowes Home Improvement Stores and their anti gun policies

1. The following response from Home Depot I got earlier today, is why I will never shop at Lowe's again.

"Thank you for contacting The Home Depot.

The Home Depot does not prohibit anyone who is legally permitted to
    carry firearms from entering our stores, provided the firearms are
    carried in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.

In addition, The Home Depot has a long-standing policy prohibiting
    employees from carrying weapons in its stores.

For any further assistance please visit or contact the Store Manger of
    your local Home Depot store.

Sincerely,

Felicia Walker

Resolution Expeditor-The Home Depot Email Team
    1-800-654-0688 ext.72698"

My local HD and Lowes do not not have the signs posted. So...in I go concealed!

never had a problem at lowes but concealed means concealed. if i ever have a problem i will vote with my money at another store. if home depot has no problem with my gun thats where i will shop. and i will be sure to tell them why.

A criminal will shoot you first if he knows you have a gun

I know this thread is not about this, but I see guys throw that statement out all the time, but I have NEVER seen anybody back that up with proof that that has ever happened. I'm not saying it can't, but as many times as I have heard it, I have not seen FACTS.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer826 View Post
    I know this thread is not about this, but I see guys throw that statement out all the time, but I have NEVER seen anybody back that up with proof that that has ever happened. I'm not saying it can't, but as many times as I have heard it, I have not seen FACTS.
    LOL +10 to that.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

What's the big cry here? I've been shopping at my neighborhood Lowes for years and never had any trouble with C&C. I know for a fact that employees are forbiden to have weapons of any sort in their possesion during hours of employment but that doesn't apply to Joe Customer.

Unless there is a sign outside that specifically states "No Guns Allowed by decree of Corporate Headquarters" I don't know how you can say that the corporation is "anti second amendment" especially when the final decision is left up to the local mangement and depending on local ordinances.

And for that matter, I can't think of a coming across any Lowes with a "No Guns" sign during my travels throughout the Southeast US and I use Lowes and Home Depot almost exclusively for materials for my job. Not saying there may not be one out there, I've never seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    What's the big cry here? I've been shopping at my neighborhood Lowes for years and never had any trouble with C&C. I know for a fact that employees are forbiden to have weapons of any sort in their possesion during hours of employment but that doesn't apply to Joe Customer.

Unless there is a sign outside that specifically states "No Guns Allowed by decree of Corporate Headquarters" I don't know how you can say that the corporation is "anti second amendment" especially when the final decision is left up to the local mangement and depending on local ordinances.

And for that matter, I can't think of a coming across any Lowes with a "No Guns" sign during my travels throughout the Southeast US and I use Lowes and Home Depot almost exclusively for materials for my job. Not saying there may not be one out there, I've never seen it.
    That first part is so untrue and I know that for a fact. I have many friends who work at Lowes and they all carry pocket knifes and company issued box cutters! I also have friends who keep firearms in their cars and management knows about it.

The second part is just the problem here! They fail to force stores to follow their corporate policy on firearms. They allow store management to ask people to leave who are following corporate policy and lawfully carrying per state/local/federal laws. Again it's putting the information out there if you have never had a problem good grand I hope it stays that way.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    That first part is so untrue and I know that for a fact. I have many friends who work at Lowes and they all carry pocket knifes and company issued box cutters! I also have friends who keep firearms in their cars and management knows about it.

The second part is just the problem here! They fail to force stores to follow their corporate policy on firearms. They allow store management to ask people to leave who are following corporate policy and lawfully carrying per state/local/federal laws. Again it's putting the information out there if you have never had a problem good grand I hope it stays that way.
    Okay. well I didn't know this thread was about box cutters and I wrongfully assumed that by the use of the term "weapon" it would be understood that "weapon" was a reference to a gun. A gun kept locked in a car in the parking lot is not even considered in this discussion since the gun is not in the store and does not figure into any form of C&C. So my first statement remains true.

Second statement was reference to local law and unfortunately there are those areas that allow the locals to trump the Second Amendment "for the greater Good". I would expect C&C troubles in liberal state like NY, MA, MN and the rest of the "known to be unfriendly states".

I found this on the ohioccwforums.org site and thought it would be interesting.

Dear XXXX XXXX:

Thank you for giving Lowe's the opportunity to respond to your concerns regarding our policy on firearms in our stores.

Lowe's currently does, and will continue to abide by federal, state and local laws regarding firearms, and we do not prohibit customers from carrying firearms into our stores.

Our first and foremost concern is for the safety of our customers, however; we take all comments and concerns from our customers seriously. We are considerate of all customers, and will remain neutral regarding the right to carry firearms. We will respect federal, state and local laws regarding this.

If Lowe's can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call 1-866-284-8989 or email [email protected] (mailto:[email protected]). You may also contact us by mailing your correspondence to P.O. Box 1111, Mail Code CON8, North Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28659.

Thank you,
    Julie Holloway
    Lowe's Executive Customer Service

Regards!

Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    Okay. well I didn't know this thread was about box cutters and I wrongfully assumed that by the use of the term "weapon" it would be understood that "weapon" was a reference to a gun. A gun kept locked in a car in the parking lot is not even considered in this discussion since the gun is not in the store and does not figure into any form of C&C. So my first statement remains true.

Second statement was reference to local law and unfortunately there are those areas that allow the locals to trump the Second Amendment "for the greater Good". I would expect C&C troubles in liberal state like NY, MA, MN and the rest of the "known to be unfriendly states".

I found this on the ohioccwforums.org site and thought it would be interesting.

Dear XXXX XXXX:

Thank you for giving Lowe's the opportunity to respond to your concerns regarding our policy on firearms in our stores.

Lowe's currently does, and will continue to abide by federal, state and local laws regarding firearms, and we do not prohibit customers from carrying firearms into our stores.

Our first and foremost concern is for the safety of our customers, however; we take all comments and concerns from our customers seriously. We are considerate of all customers, and will remain neutral regarding the right to carry firearms. We will respect federal, state and local laws regarding this.

If Lowe's can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call 1-866-284-8989 or email [email protected] (mailto:[email protected]). You may also contact us by mailing your correspondence to P.O. Box 1111, Mail Code CON8, North Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28659.

Thank you,
    Julie Holloway
    Lowe's Executive Customer Service

Regards!
    Again that is the standard "Blanket e-mail response" they send to anyone wanting information on Lowes stand on the second amendment. But while Corporate is saying one thing they allow their stores to do another. I will say it again IF YOU HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM good! But others have and as such I will treat Lowes as a anti store.

As for box cutters it points to your above post when you stated Lowes does not allow it's employees to carry weapons
    I know for a fact that employees are forbiden to have weapons of any sort in their possesion during hours of employment
    . If hijackers on 911 could use box cutters to hijack a airliner I would say a box cutter falls into the weapons category. Definition of a weapon
    # an instrument or device of any kind used to injure or kill, as in fighting or hunting
    # any organ or part of an organism used for attacking or defending
    # any means of attack or defense:
    . Again a box cutter falls into this category so the above statement is null and void.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Again that is the standard "Blanket e-mail response" they send to anyone wanting information on Lowes stand on the second amendment. But while Corporate is saying one thing they allow their stores to do another. I will say it again IF YOU HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM good! But others have and as such I will treat Lowes as a anti store.

As for box cutters it points to your above post when you stated Lowes does not allow it's employees to carry weapons . If hijackers on 911 could use box cutters to hijack a airliner I would say a box cutter falls into the weapons category. Definition of a weapon . Again a box cutter falls into this category so the above statement is null and void.
    Well, I suppose you could consider it to be a blanket response. However I think that the response covers their stance. The corporate policy is to not restrict C&C but they do follow local law.

According to your definition of the term 'weapon' I then can assume that Lowes is in the business of selling weapons, IE box cutters, nail guns, steel pipe saw blades, etc., etc.

You can have the last word on this topic.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast