Lowes Home Improvement Stores and their anti gun policies - Page 6
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowes Home Improvement Stores and their anti gun policies

Quote Originally Posted by firstluff View Post
    I carry concealed in Lowe's stores all the time. They don't ask; I don't volunteer the information...

...and you won't find a corporation more supportive of our military: 10% off all purchases to military and veterans. Just show your VA card.
    Do tell how "You won't find a corpation more supportive of our military"? Why becasue they give you 10% off(that they also give their workers)? So let me get this right, If a compaine does not offer 10%(or any dicount at all) then they are not supportive of our troops?

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

GReat! Now you are going to add ONE MORE place that we can't carry by bringing a suit against Lowe's! If your suit is successful, all Lowes will do is ban all types of carry in their stores, whether concealed or open.

Use some common sense already! Just because the law in your State days it's legal, doesn't make it smart on our part to open carry in a store like Lowes. For those that aren't firearm educated, it makes them nervous. Therefore they tend to leave and not
    come back. Store managers don't like to see Revenue walking out their front door and not returning.

So, if you are hell bent on making a statement and throwing it in everyone's face, pony up some money and rent a billboard o the highway in your city, so you can educate folks on the State laws. But don't use a good business like Lowes as your political stump to stand on while making your speech, and ruining the rights the rest of us have to conceal carry at Lowes stores.

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    GReat! Now you are going to add ONE MORE place that we can't carry by bringing a suit against Lowe's! If your suit is successful, all Lowes will do is ban all types of carry in their stores, whether concealed or open.

Use some common sense already! Just because the law in your State days it's legal, doesn't make it smart on our part to open carry in a store like Lowes. For those that aren't firearm educated, it makes them nervous. Therefore they tend to leave and not
    come back. Store managers don't like to see Revenue walking out their front door and not returning.

So, if you are hell bent on making a statement and throwing it in everyone's face, pony up some money and rent a billboard o the highway in your city, so you can educate folks on the State laws. But don't use a good business like Lowes as your political stump to stand on while making your speech, and ruining the rights the rest of us have to conceal carry at Lowes stores.
    Your right. Man what was I thinking? How stupid of me, I forgot if using ones right makes others nervous, then by all means I shall stop using my rights to apeese the cry babys. How about HELL NO! You must be an anti with that kind of mindset. I mean come on I got chewed out and called an anti becasue I saw no point in OC an Ar-15. If sueing Lowes to get a copy of this cloke and dagger policy makes them post then so be it. But I doubt it will because doing so will set off a firestorm of protest and they will lose even more revenue.

Many years ago in NC the wife's sister was manager of the Lowe's, one day I notice a new sign on the door saying "no concealed weapons".
    I returned to my car and stowed the weapon and proceeded to reenter and go directly to the managers office, the wife's sister was in so I removed the Lowe's credit card from my wallet and placed it on her desk.
    I stated that I would no longer be able to purchase from Lowe's because I would be forbidden from entering due to my CC.
    Since I had spent about $77,000 dollars already that year, she didn't want that to happen. (I was building a house for my Mom)
    Long story short, next day the sign was gone.

Seriously, I've never noticed any postings at the Seneca, SC Lowe's and have carried there several times without incident. However, if I see a do-not-carry sign then they will lose my business.

SC has the same laws as most states - you can forbid CC in your store but you have to put a big, butt-ugly sign on every entrance (and it is VERY specific). In over 10 years of CCing I don't think I've ever seen one.

That said I mostly shop at Home Depot these days since I work for a company that provides them with a lot of their merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    That said I mostly shop at Home Depot these days since I work for a company that provides them with a lot of their merchandise.
    Square D?

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    Seriously, I've never noticed any postings at the Seneca, SC Lowe's and have carried there several times without incident. However, if I see a do-not-carry sign then they will lose my business.

SC has the same laws as most states - you can forbid CC in your store but you have to put a big, butt-ugly sign on every entrance (and it is VERY specific). In over 10 years of CCing I don't think I've ever seen one.

Why not try supplying Lowes who is not on the record as being anti-gun like HD is? HD ( and their credit companies) will turn down anyone involved in firearms for credit. Including police depts.

I'm not reading through six pages but here is the info I have on Lowes & weapons carry.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 7:45
    To: Stone, Jeffrey A PRC FRCNW
    Subject: EIT000001946692Lowes: (Order Questions)
    Replied On 8/7/2008 10:42:23 AM----------------------------------------
    Dear Jeff Stone:
    Thank you for giving Lowe's the opportunity to respond to your concerns regarding our
    policy on firearms in our stores.
    Lowe's currently does, and will continue to abide by federal, state and local laws
    regarding firearms, and we do not prohibit customers from carrying firearms into our
    stores.
    Our first and foremost concern is for the safety of our customers, however; we take all
    comments and concerns from our customers seriously. We are considerate of all
    customers, and will remain neutral regarding the right to carry firearms. We will respect
    federal, state and local laws regarding this.
    If Lowe's can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call 1-866-284-8989 or
    email [email protected]. You may also contact us by mailing your
    correspondence to P.O. Box 1111, Mail Code CON8, North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
    Thank you,
    Julie Holloway
    Lowe's Executive Customer Service

Here in Washington State, any private property owner (including a business, even a large corporation like Lowes) has the right to prohibit firearms on their place.. BUT the entrances MUST all be posted with large, easily readable signes to that effect. No sign, it is legal to carry in there. None of this "I just don't like it so you have to leave" nonsense. Posted, or they cannot deny entry.
    Now, if they DO see your piece and demand you leave, that is all they can do. If they demand you leave and you refuse, you can be cited for criminal tresspass.
    where do you get this info ?? please cite.

Quote Originally Posted by m1gunr View Post
    I'm not reading through six pages but here is the info I have on Lowes & weapons carry.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 7:45
    To: Stone, Jeffrey A PRC FRCNW
    Subject: EIT000001946692Lowes: (Order Questions)
    Replied On 8/7/2008 10:42:23 AM----------------------------------------
    Dear Jeff Stone:
    Thank you for giving Lowe's the opportunity to respond to your concerns regarding our
    policy on firearms in our stores.
    Lowe's currently does, and will continue to abide by federal, state and local laws
    regarding firearms, and we do not prohibit customers from carrying firearms into our
    stores.
    Our first and foremost concern is for the safety of our customers, however; we take all
    comments and concerns from our customers seriously. We are considerate of all
    customers, and will remain neutral regarding the right to carry firearms. We will respect
    federal, state and local laws regarding this.
    If Lowe's can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call 1-866-284-8989 or
    email [email protected]. You may also contact us by mailing your
    correspondence to P.O. Box 1111, Mail Code CON8, North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
    Thank you,
    Julie Holloway
    Lowe's Executive Customer Service
    Nothing new here. Same information that is ALREADY POSTED! It's a blanket e-mail and nothing more. They need to enforce the above said policy, if they truly mean what they claim above.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast