Lowes Home Improvement Stores and their anti gun policies - Page 8
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowes Home Improvement Stores and their anti gun policies

Quote Originally Posted by rdc2co View Post
    Two things: One, I have a lady friend who carries a Sig P220 (all stainless) concealed. She's only 5'2"- 'walk softly and carry a big Sig"...LOL And she NEVER misses.
    Second:
    Gorgeous horse!
    Well thank you for the compliment. I like to say I have an eye for a good weapon, a good man and a good horse! ;-)

I don't understand. Why ask? If there is no sign on the doors, and you are properly concealed, why ask?
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Cari A. View Post
    Second from VA, my husband carries open, I carry concealed when we go to Lowes and have never had a problem with anyone or any staff. A few looks but that is it.

To Axeanda45, I carry concealed because it is my RIGHT to do so. I also get tired of the snickers and the comments of "Oh isn't that gun too big for a woman?!" I don't so much mind the looks. I also don't ever want to be put in the position of Redneck Hick Billy thinking to himself, wonder if little lady would really draw and shoot me. Just because some of us want to carry concealed doesn't make it wrong, so please, step away from your soap box and stop being so nasty about it to those of us who do. And what is up, you can't get a CCW so you have to harass those of us who do?
    I am not the one that needs to get off the soapbox lady...... I was answering someone who was slamming those who choose to open carry... I DID NOT slam those who choose to CC....Yet you just accused me of doing it...... Next time you go off on someone for something... make sure they are ACTUALLY GUILTY of what you are going off about...(while standing on YOUR SOAPBOX).

You may want to read the ENTIRE thread before commenting.... the quoted post of mine you are freaking out about is post #22.... Once you see the ENTIRE picture, you will see how far off your were in your comments....

The reason I do not shop at Lowes, or the Home Depot, is because NO ONE WORKS THERE. I swear, you can walk around that warehouse forever and never see an employee. OTOH, the local True Value store has no problem with CC, has employees who do not let me get 5 steps in the store without asking if I need help.

Just left Lowe's a few minutes ago no sign noted, maye it's Texas.

I just wrapped up a home renovation project and did business exclusively with Lowe's (they're the only hardware store in our small town). I had to make many trips for hardware, supplies, paint, more paint, appliances, and a great many other items, I never once encountered any issues or problems with them. Granted, Kentucky is a Gold Start state so most all businesses don't say anything.

Since this is such a light-hearted thread, I want to add my $0.02. When our court system redefined private business property so that the legal system can determine company policy - that was a sad day for our constitution. While I applaud those who will take their business elsewhere when they disagree with a company's policy, I also disagree with laws that state a company HAS to have a 'no-weapons' sign in order to ban weapon-carrying customers. When we fall back on our constitutional right to carry - what about a private business owner's property rights? That sounds like a constitutional issue too. It should be every business owner's right to ban weapons, to ban blacks or Chinese, to ban short people, to ban non-smokers or any other stupid thing a business owner wants to do - otherwise the government is infringing upon private property rights.

+1 Piscator. I do believe that if I want to open a business, jump through all the hoops to secure Licenses, insurance and the like. Have a targeted demographic of one eyed, wooden legged red heads females that only come from Alaska. Then that's my choice per my business plan. Is it a profitable plan? No but it's the plan I want to go with. I've paid my fees, I should be allowed to conduct my business anyway I deem profitable as long as it does not include theft, fraud or physical force. The Gov't needs to back the heck out. IF I fail, that's MY BUSINESS! NOT Theirs.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    Since this is such a light-hearted thread, I want to add my $0.02. When our court system redefined private business property so that the legal system can determine company policy - that was a sad day for our constitution. While I applaud those who will take their business elsewhere when they disagree with a company's policy, I also disagree with laws that state a company HAS to have a 'no-weapons' sign in order to ban weapon-carrying customers. When we fall back on our constitutional right to carry - what about a private business owner's property rights? That sounds like a constitutional issue too. It should be every business owner's right to ban weapons, to ban blacks or Chinese, to ban short people, to ban non-smokers or any other stupid thing a business owner wants to do - otherwise the government is infringing upon private property rights.

You have FAILED to remember that even though the business may be privately owned, they have INVITED THE PUBLIC onto that property..... The PUBLIC means EVERYONE with their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS INTACT......... Dont like that? go cry me a river..... or make your business a PRIVATE club..... or dont go into business.....

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    You have FAILED to remember that even though the business may be privately owned, they have INVITED THE PUBLIC onto that property..... The PUBLIC means EVERYONE with their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS INTACT......... Dont like that? go cry me a river..... or make your business a PRIVATE club..... or dont go into business.....
    Apparently you've failed to comprehend that I specifically addressed that issue in my post. The courts have diminished private property rights by eliminating the right to discriminate. Further, in this scenario, not everyone has his constitutional rights intact - the business owner does not.
    You're right on one count: I don't like it. I think it diminishes our individual freedoms. That was the impetus for the formation of this country. I'm fine with you disagreeing with me, but can you get off your high horse to do so?

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast