Anti Gun Businesses, Send Them a Message
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Anti Gun Businesses, Send Them a Message

  1. #1

    Anti Gun Businesses, Send Them a Message

    Would anyone be interested in creating a document specifically for mailing/emailing to businesses, protesting their anti-gun policy?

    A good starting place would be a quick outline of the most persuasive arguments for a business to allow people to carry on their premises.

    After that it might be a good idea to make a generalized document that can be sent to these companies.

    I think this is important because:
    - not everyone can form a persuasive argument off the top of their head
    -it would be helpful to have a document that reflects the general opinions of our community
    -It would be helpful to have a letter that can be mailed to businesses the second that we get word of anti gun policies
    -Or, it would at least be helpful to have a document to paraphrase, or borrow ideas from when you are writing an argument.

    I think that getting our argument to the ears of business owners is important. I also think that if we start formalizing our argument, we might be able to accomplish a lot. I don't know how many people visit this forum, but if we start organizing boycotts or at least sending the anti gun businesses a lot of emails, we might be able to make a difference.

    So if you all want to collaborate, we can compile some bullet points (no pun intended) that would persuade a business owner to be on our side and maybe end up with a professional letter signed by USACARRY.

  2.   
  3. Great Idea

    I think having a generalized or a basis of a form that could be filled in with a companies name and such, printed and mailed is a great idea.
    I'm from Idaho. We have really good gun laws when it comes to ownership and carrying, either concealed or openly. However some of the local gun shops that have opened in the last few years have "no carrying in this establishment" type signs and restrictions. This is quite humorous in a way, they are a small time gun dealer in a very gun friendly state for crying out loud. These restrictions have kept myself and anyone that inquires information from me about good dealers away from doing business with the shops. Gun bans in gun stores, how crazy is that?




    Stay alert Stay alive

  4. Yes your idea makes sense, I've recently sent an email to TOYSRUS which displays the NO WEAPONS ALLOWED. Waiting for their response. Will get back as soon as they do.
    Invicta.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by ar15_556 View Post
    However some of the local gun shops that have opened in the last few years have "no carrying in this establishment" type signs and restrictions. This is quite humorous in a way, they are a small time gun dealer in a very gun friendly state for crying out loud. These restrictions have kept myself and anyone that inquires information from me about good dealers away from doing business with the shops. Gun bans in gun stores, how crazy is that?
    I totally agree.

    When I first moved to Nevada and was looking for a new gun shop, I ran into two of those and never even bothered to enter. I finally settled on one that has a sign stating that all guns must be unloaded...except for licensed CCW permit holders. Spurlock's in Henderson is my shop now.

  6. #5

    No Guns Allowed

    Here is my general format. I always respond with an email to both the local business and, if it's a chain, with a copy to the corporate offices. I point out that first, should I disarm, enter, and then be injured because I was unarmed, they were completely responsible for my safety (legally speaking). Second, they are morally responsible for the damage any "active shooter" may inflict by virtue of keeping trained, responsible, citizens from possibly intervening to stop the carnage. ("Hope you can live with it!") Third, I let them know that I will NOT disarm and will NEVER spend money there. Fourth, that I'll inform everyone I know that this is not a gun friendly business, and that all gun owners, not just CCW holders should do their business elsewhere.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 0369usmc View Post
    Here is my general format. I always respond with an email to both the local business and, if it's a chain, with a copy to the corporate offices. I point out that first, should I disarm, enter, and then be injured because I was unarmed, they were completely responsible for my safety (legally speaking). Second, they are morally responsible for the damage any "active shooter" may inflict by virtue of keeping trained, responsible, citizens from possibly intervening to stop the carnage. ("Hope you can live with it!") Third, I let them know that I will NOT disarm and will NEVER spend money there. Fourth, that I'll inform everyone I know that this is not a gun friendly business, and that all gun owners, not just CCW holders should do their business elsewhere.
    Okay this is great!

    -The company assumes the responsibility of its patron's safety if they do not allow for the patron's to defend themselves.
    -A solid common argument: Criminals don't mind if there is a no gun sign, they will shoot up the place anyways.
    -The average citizen that will abide by the store's policy is going to be a security asset because they aren't crazy.
    -We will not use your business and will encourage others to boycott your business as well.
    -The policy is very backwards and un-American and everyone should know about it.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    I totally agree.

    When I first moved to Nevada and was looking for a new gun shop, I ran into two of those and never even bothered to enter. I finally settled on one that has a sign stating that all guns must be unloaded...except for licensed CCW permit holders. Spurlock's in Henderson is my shop now.
    Yeah, that is kind of bizarre. There is a shooting range here in WA that requires all guns to be in an opaque case and unloaded before they enter. They also have an attached shooting range with free rentals on Wednesdays.

    My guess is that the store's insurance policy is pulling the strings on that one. I think that next time I go to "The Marksman" I will ask them if that is the case.

    I wouldn't go into a gun store either though if I saw a no guns sign and I was carrying, but, if the place was close enough, I think I would investigate why no guns are allowed in a gun store.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast