Wells Fargo - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wells Fargo

You are correct they do not know if I am a goood law abiding citizen but I willl not spend my time or money with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    what did he say when you told him you were closing your account?
    His response was that of the typical condescending self rightious. " well I'm sorry you feel that way sir, but blah blah blah blah."
    Couldn't help but wonder if he understood that by posting that sign they basically advertised themselves as being more vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    How would they know you are "honest" or "law abiding" or "sane"?

Have you got a "honest-law abiding-sane citizen" badge?

And even then, how would they know you are competent to handle a firearm?
    As was mentioned earlier. They posted a 30.06 sign. A sign specifically regarding, Certified as Required by Law to CC, Honest-Law Abiding Citizens. The gentlemen declined an account based upon this, the banks policy. It is or at least should be obvious that the bank would have a policy against Illegal CC. So it would only seem to reason that as the gentlmen made his statement to the teller he would be refering to their resistance to allowing Law-Abiding Citizens to CC in their bank. Really? Who ever heard of a bank robber refuseing to rob a bank due to their policy against being robbed? If competency, honesty and sanity are their's to judge concerning my legal carry, then where do I get a sign showing my lack of confidence regarding their lack of good judgement?

Most bank robberies are done by amateurs who:

-usually work alone
    -likely use/abuse alcohol or drugs
    -have not previously robbed a bank
    -live near the targeted bank
    -pass a note to the teller or make verbal demands
    -wait in line
    -do not carry a weapon
    -escape on foot or bicycle.

The great majority of bank robberies are done by amateurs. The average take is $4,000.

Bank robberies by amateurs are often unsuccessful, with nearly one-third of such offenses committed by solitary, unarmed offenders failing.

On the other hand, professional "takeover robberies" involve multiple armed offenders who storm in and take over a bank, often just after the bank opens and there are few customers. Although much less common, these crimes are more lucrative, with the take being as much as 10 times greater than the average bank robbery.

Source: A breakdown of bank robbery trends

Banks already have very detailed and effective bank robbery response policies. Give them the money and get them the hell out of the bank. The last thing a bank wants is a customer playing Wyatt Earp.
    I'm sure that info is correct, how ever the reality of it is, What percentage of the people that walk thru the door rob the place? It's just more of the same. Punish the good guy for what the bad guy does. There's no rationalizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Horkos View Post
    If competency, honesty and sanity are their's to judge concerning my legal carry, then where do I get a sign showing my lack of confidence regarding their lack of good judgement?
    You miss the point. The bank doesn't want to have to make those judgments. It simply doesn't want anyone with a firearm on its premises. Having a legal weapon doesn't make you competent to use it, or intelligent enough to know when not to, or even honest in your possession of it.

The bank has a plan for dealing with bank robbers. the FBI stats bear out that those plans work to protect bank customers and bank employees. they simply don't want a self appointed security guard screwing that system up.

Quote Originally Posted by Horkos View Post
    If competency, honesty and sanity are their's to judge concerning my legal carry, then where do I get a sign showing my lack of confidence regarding their lack of good judgement?
    You miss the point. The bank doesn't want to have to make those judgments. It simply doesn't want anyone with a firearm on its premises. Having a legal weapon doesn't make you competent to use it, or intelligent enough to know when not to, or even honest in your possession of it.
    If the bank doesn't want to make those judgments.....THEN THEY SHOULDN'T!!! But they do!!! It really doesn't matter if the bank THINKS I'm competent or not with my gun, Because the guy WITH THE BADGE ON HIS CHEST says I am! This is the problem with businesses being allowed to ban guns, I'm not saying that I don't understand there mindset because I do, but it's wrong, not because "I" think it's wrong but because we all know the statistics say they are. I'm a firm believer that a person on their personal property should never loose their right to tell you not to bring a weapon into their home but if a business is "open to the public" then they should have to accept the facts that "the public" HAS RIGHTS!!!! it's no different than banning a race, It's their right not to be excluded because of their skin color right???? So some rights are okay to break and some not? Some of you may THINK your arguing a valid point with taking the banks/ businesses sides on stuff like this but I'm from the North East and believe me you have NO IDEA what that thinking will lead too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    This is the problem with businesses being allowed to ban guns, I'm not saying that I don't understand there mindset because I do, but it's wrong, not because "I" think it's wrong but because we all know the statistics say they are.
    I posted the FBI stats for bank robberies. The plan used by most banks (give them the money and get them the hell out of the bank) is shown by those statistics to work.

Do you have another set of statistics showing that armed citizens in banks have better results?

A few months ago an armed citizen in a suburb of Buffalo, NY was in a bank when it was robbed. The bank did as its plan called for. It gave the thug what he wanted and he ran away.

The armed citizen then ran out of the bank and fired five shots at the thug, missing with all of them.

How did that improve the outcome for the bank?

When the police arrived, they first had to deal with an unknown armed person in the bank's parking lot, giving the thug the extra time he needed to effectuate his get away. He still hasn't been found.

Mr. wannabe security guard made the situation worse, not better.

I posted the FBI stats for bank robberies. The plan used by most banks (give them the money and get them the hell out of the bank) is shown by those statistics to work.

Do you have another set of statistics showing that armed citizens in banks have better results?

A few months ago an armed citizen in a suburb of Buffalo, NY was in a bank when it was robbed. The bank did as its plan called for. It gave the thug what he wanted and he ran away.

The armed citizen then ran out of the bank and fired five shots at the thug, missing with all of them.

How did that improve the outcome for the bank?

When the police arrived, they first had to deal with an unknown armed person in the bank's parking lot, giving the thug the extra time he needed to effectuate his get away. He still hasn't been found.

Mr. wannabe security guard made the situation worse, not better.
    Was he an idiot for running out of the bank shooting after the fact and possibly making things worse ABSOLUTELY! I'm not arguing the fact some some people are idiots, I'm arguing that not robberies go down that way, what if the robber busted in, shot a person right away to prove he's not f'ing around and starts threatening everybody, Now your life IS in imminent danger IF you have a chance to end it and save your own life as well as the life of others you should be able to. You should not be left defenseless to needlessly die because somebody else THINKS your not capable of making the right decision. Would I open fire on 3 bank robbers? No because i'd most likely loose. Some idiot might. But I shouldn't be disarmed because MAYBE somebody else, somewhere else MAY be an idiot. Again it just goes back to punishing the innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Was he an idiot for running out of the bank shooting after the fact and possibly making things worse ABSOLUTELY! I'm not arguing the fact some some people are idiots, I'm arguing that not robberies go down that way, what if the robber busted in, shot a person right away to prove he's not f'ing around and starts threatening everybody, Now your life IS in imminent danger IF you have a chance to end it and save your own life as well as the life of others you should be able to. You should not be left defenseless to needlessly die because somebody else THINKS your not capable of making the right decision. Would I open fire on 3 bank robbers? No because i'd most likely loose. Some idiot might. But I shouldn't be disarmed because MAYBE somebody else, somewhere else MAY be an idiot. Again it just goes back to punishing the innocent.
    50,000+ bank robberies in the last 7 years. Not one customer killed.

How many deaths from unintentional discharge or intentional discharge but errant shot over the last 7 years? Yes, it is a small number, but much greater than zero.

A few years ago a woman sitting in her home was killed by a bullet fired by a Buffalo police officer engaged in a gun battle with a thug. I've lived here for 34 years and can't recall one instance in which a customer inside a bank was killed.

So how should a banker view those stats? Go with the odds or bet against them?

By posting the 30.06 sign they are makeing a judgement call. Its theirs to make. My issue lies with the argument that my qualification or ability or whatever you choose to call it, is called into question. I state that by making this Judgement call they have shown poor judgement which calls into question their ability or qualification in handleing my money. Stats and numbers aside, the bank is employed by people. Legal carry citizens are also people. If the banks concern is of legal carry citizens, which by posting that specific sign it is, then what makes them such infailable(spelling?) People that their judgment is better than that of the legal carry citizens, also people. Point being, you can not avoid alienateing a group of people who choose to exercise their rights based upon fear. Especially fears derived from the delusion of political correctness. If they are concerned about the safety of their patrons to that degree, then they had better start banking soley by mail. You can't live and operate in a bubble. Risk is a part of life and business. Coffee's brewing folks, time to wake up grab a cup and open our eyes to slow degradation of our values and rights. Once they're gone, it'll be hell to get'em back.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast