Wells Fargo
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo

Went to Wells Fargo the other day. Never been to this location before. This particular loaction was one of those large shared multiple busness buildings, but with each business having its own entrance once inside the primary bldg. As I approached the Wells fargo entrance I noticed a 30.06 sign. Was not happy about it and questioned the bank manager about the sign. He gave some run around mumbo jumbo and it was at that point I felt obliged to inform him that I would be closing my account. Told him that if my firearm wasn't welcome in his bank then my money wasn't either.

Blog Entries
    Yet one more reason not to like Wells Fargo.........
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

Quote Originally Posted by Horkos View Post
    Went to Wells Fargo the other day. Never been to this location before. This particular loaction was one of those large shared multiple busness buildings, but with each business having its own entrance once inside the primary bldg. As I approached the Wells fargo entrance I noticed a 30.06 sign. Was not happy about it and questioned the bank manager about the sign. He gave some run around mumbo jumbo and it was at that point I felt obliged to inform him that I would be closing my account. Told him that if my firearm wasn't welcome in his bank then my money wasn't either.
    what did he say when you told him you were closing your account?
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

I have never seen a similar sign at an Edward Jones location. And no, I do not work for Edward Jones.

Cashed a check at Wells Fargo, they wanted to know if I wanted to open an account, my answer was "No" due to your carry policy by honest citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Horkos View Post
    Ya, now that I'm only working part-time I've gotta close my Wachovia acct, the particular branch I use doesn't have no gun sign (they did before a front end remodel) probably forgot to put it back. But I've been reading that since THey became Wells Fargo it's getting worse.. Kinda funny the one of the "most acceptable" reasons to carry a gun is to protect money, yet you can't bring it anywhere after. BS!

No signs at our Wachovia today. We do have a city cop there while the bank is open too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Cashed a check at Wells Fargo, they wanted to know if I wanted to open an account, my answer was "No" due to your carry policy by honest citizens.
    How would they know you are "honest" or "law abiding" or "sane"?

Have you got a "honest-law abiding-sane citizen" badge?

And even then, how would they know you are competent to handle a firearm?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    How would they know you are "honest" or "law abiding" or "sane"?

Have you got a "honest-law abiding-sane citizen" badge?

And even then, how would they know you are competent to handle a firearm?
    Typically most people that CCW are. You had to prove competence via training cert, pass an extensive background check most people that would rob the place wouldn't walk in there OCing to attract attention. The especially wouldn't wait in line to cash a check! They need to apply a little common sense when screwing with people.

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Typically most people that CCW are. You had to prove competence via training cert, pass an extensive background check most people that would rob the place wouldn't walk in there OCing to attract attention. The especially wouldn't wait in line to cash a check! They need to apply a little common sense when screwing with people.
    Most bank robberies are done by amateurs who:

-usually work alone

-likely use/abuse alcohol or drugs

-have not previously robbed a bank

-live near the targeted bank

-pass a note to the teller or make verbal demands

-wait in line

-do not carry a weapon

-escape on foot or bicycle.

The great majority of bank robberies are done by amateurs. The average take is $4,000.

Bank robberies by amateurs are often unsuccessful, with nearly one-third of such offenses committed by solitary, unarmed offenders failing.

On the other hand, professional "takeover robberies" involve multiple armed offenders who storm in and take over a bank, often just after the bank opens and there are few customers. Although much less common, these crimes are more lucrative, with the take being as much as 10 times greater than the average bank robbery.

Source: A breakdown of bank robbery trends

Banks already have very detailed and effective bank robbery response policies. Give them the money and get them the hell out of the bank. The last thing a bank wants is a customer playing Wyatt Earp.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast