Verizon Wireless
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Wireless

Angry Verizon Wireless

I noticed a "no concealed weapons" sign on the doors of our local Verizon Wireless (Union Co, NC). After a quick search online this appears to be a company wide policy. My search also easily turned up a few armed robberies of Verizon stores although I did not see any homicides. Surely the thieves would have stopped and turned around on the spot if they had noticed the signs.

It also appears that most other wireless carriers are equally as asinine. How does one own a cell phone without supporting these idiots???

Just when I though I couldn't possibly fit one more thing on the why I hate Verizon list......

Guess it's time to get rid of those cell phones now, huh?

Seriously though, as I've said many times before, I ignore gun buster signs. If I keep my weapon concealed, there's no way they'll possibly know. And yes, I'm a Verizon customer and proud gun owner. As a matter of fact, I'm posting this from my Droid 2 smartphone.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

5. Uscc

I OC at our local US Cellular store in Onalaska WI regularly and have never been questioned other than one associate that asked about the statutes because he wanted to OC as well and didn't realize he could. He did acknowledge that he was prohibited to do so at work. No signs but I have no idea if they have a corporate policy.

Local store in Texas has no notice on door, if they do, I will switch service.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Local store in Texas has no notice on door, if they do, I will switch service.
    Seriously? You'll actually switch your service over a sign that advertises a policy that is not enforced? Sure, I would be upset, but a sign advertising a policy that is NOT enforced is not enough to make me switch carriers.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

I would switch carriers over an unenforced policy, yes.
    If they have the sign up, at least where I'm from, you can be arrested for carrying there. Anyone who wants to restrict my rights like that doesn't deserve my business.

OK, yes I understand if you live in a place where a posted sign carries the weight of law. But in most places they don't and I just ignore them. And guess what? Nothing bad ever happened to me or that business as a result.

Benjamin Franklin

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Guess it's time to get rid of those cell phones now, huh?

Seriously though, as I've said many times before, I ignore gun buster signs. If I keep my weapon concealed, there's no way they'll possibly know. And yes, I'm a Verizon customer and proud gun owner. As a matter of fact, I'm posting this from my Droid 2 smartphone.
    Thats a big 10-4 on that one! I do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jes View Post
    ..... How does one own a cell phone without supporting these idiots???
    I suppose you could order an Apple iPhone from the online site and never have to enter a store.

I'll admit though, I don't go out of my way to look for signs. I'm almost always CC and with good equipment and common-sense dress, I don't print. So unless a business has a very obvious sign, I press.

3X PM

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast