No Guns Allowed! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Guns Allowed!

Excellent Quote Trphyhunter....!

and you hit the nail on that one...!

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    As I Always said in the past, Out of sight, out of mind
    A great big +1 on this, I say screw there signs, keep your weapon out of sight and go about your business, in most states if there is no law aganist have your weapon on you, the signs these places put up are not legaly enforceable, all there going to do is ask you to leave, and if ther is no law forbiding it they cannot even call the cops for trespassing, if your not causing troubl they are not going to ask you to leave they want your money more than they don't want your gun there,...........eat your dinner, keep your gun CONCEALED, and above all KEEP QUIET ABOUT IT, pay your ck and leave a nice tip, no harm no foul

4. <sarcasm>Those signs are nothing but an egregious case of false advertising. I'ts been my experience that stores with this type of sign don't do ANYTHING to make sure nobody has a gun. Unless, but this can't be the case, they expect the SIGN to be what keeps guns out. Nah, that's stupid. Any reasonable person knows that a sign doesn't do anything. </sarcasm>

My understanding is that it's trespassing to ignore the sign. I don't trespass, or disarm, so they lose business.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarmody View Post
    <sarcasm>Those signs are nothing but an egregious case of false advertising. I'ts been my experience that stores with this type of sign don't do ANYTHING to make sure nobody has a gun. Unless, but this can't be the case, they expect the SIGN to be what keeps guns out. Nah, that's stupid. Any reasonable person knows that a sign doesn't do anything. </sarcasm>

My understanding is that it's trespassing to ignore the sign. I don't trespass, or disarm, so they lose business.
    Not absolutly sure on the sign, but if you have a valid CCW permit, and there is no state law against haveing a weapon in that type of business, and it is a open to the public business, then I cannot see how it is trespassing, like I said they may ask you to leave, then you can ether leave or choose to push it and see what kind of stuff you could stir up (and no I would not go that far), so I will stick with my personal policy of keep it concealed, and keep your mouth shut about it

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    Not absolutly sure on the sign, but if you have a valid CCW permit, and there is no state law against haveing a weapon in that type of business, and it is a open to the public business, then I cannot see how it is trespassing, like I said they may ask you to leave, then you can ether leave or choose to push it and see what kind of stuff you could stir up (and no I would not go that far), so I will stick with my personal policy of keep it concealed, and keep your mouth shut about it
    It depends on the state... handgunlaw.us has started including whether "No Guns" signs have to force of law in the infromation it has on each state.

Like in TN, if a place is posted in comliance with 39-17-1359 it is an offense to carry past that sign, regardless of whether you're asked to leave or not...it is punishable by a $500 fine.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

We have a local dennys that has an old gunbuster sign. When the.state.created an offical and only legal sign the goobers never changed it. So we all still.go in there, they put it up so long ago.i.dont think that they even remember it's there.

8. If I see a sign posted that says no guns I'll take my money elsewhere. I figure such a store is a beacon for people up to no good.

I don't necessarily blame the businesses if they feel compelled by their insurance companies to deny entry for people who posses firearms. I actually feel sorry for some of the business franchise owners that must comply with new policies the national company releases, or risk loosing everything.

For people who choose to ignore the signs posted on the doors, they run the risk of being arrested for criminal trespass, and in Oregon there is additional charge for Criminal Trespass while in Possession of a Firearm. With that being said, there is no specific law in Oregon that requires a standardized sign. I don't know if there are other states that have additional penalties for criminal trespass while in possession of a firearm. Just something to keep in mind.

In short, take your money somewhere it can be appreciated.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Quote Originally Posted by smyrnatek View Post
    So if a store or business puts up a "No Guns" sign and, being a law-abiding citizen I disarm myself before entering who is going to protect me and my family when I am there? I think if a place forbids firearms on their premises they should provide me some measure of protection while on site. Criminals don't follow the rules but I have to?? How do these rules stand??
    If the crap ever hits the fan, I would much rather be judged by a jury of 12 people as opposed to being carried by 6 pall-bearers or being a pall-bearer at the funeral of someone I could not defend or protect.
    Long Live The Sheep Dogs!
    Can I get an OORAH!?
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Any place that does not want my gun will not get my money either.

I don't go into businesses that I think are so unsafe that I would have to be armed to defend myself. When I carry into a business it is out of convenience rather than paranoia.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast