LEO's off duty and no firearm businesses - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LEO's off duty and no firearm businesses

1. I saw the report on tv. very one sided with the police seen as victims that is what this post is aimed at not anyone person. The reporter was very high handed with the young mgr who was scared. I think he was right standing up to the news reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I agree. If a LEO's life is so dangerous that they have to run around with guns 24/7 even when they are not on duty, then the rest of us ordinary folks do too. LEO's should not get special olympic treatment because of their jobs.

well I do work with LEO's and they do deal with very bad people and if they should happen to run across a Bad guy while off duty that they have dealt with in the past that might want revenge on the LEO well I would want that privilege too

I agree. LEO's should have the privelege of CC without the need to apply. The things he has to do on a day to day may definitely affect the light he is seen in on his off duty hours. He is more of a target than the normal civilian if he is recognized and in a vulnerable position.

On the same note, I also think he should be alway's on the 'verge' of being on duty should the need arise. In that case, the gun would be a neccessary tool for his response.

KK

You have the option to turn and run when things get a little hairy, police officers are required by OATH to react hence why the 24/7 is given..... Police officers are always "on duty" ..... Next time you feel like badging police officers ..... Just answer the post at hand..... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter:236357
    I agree. LEO's should have the privelege of CC without the need to apply. The things he has to do on a day to day may definitely affect the light he is seen in on his off duty hours. He is more of a target than the normal civilian if he is recognized and in a vulnerable position.

On the same note, I also think he should be alway's on the 'verge' of being on duty should the need arise. In that case, the gun would be a neccessary tool for his response.

KK
    I think everyone should have the right to conceal carry without applying.

People...look up L.E.O.S.A. (HR 218)

I am a retired LEO living in Oregon. I have a CWP because I choose to (there are time when it is more "comfortable" to show my CWP than my retired ID/badge). We are limited by 2 specific types of state laws: legally posted private businesses that ban firearms and state laws that prohibit possession of weapons in government buildings.

We are still subject to federal limitations...which is another reason I have an Oregon CWP, since Oregon state law exempts CWP holders from such federal restrictions as carrying on school grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by gkeil961 View Post
    You have the option to turn and run when things get a little hairy, police officers are required by OATH to react hence why the 24/7 is given..... Police officers are always "on duty" ..... Next time you feel like badging police officers ..... Just answer the post at hand..... Thanks
    I'm kinda thinking you have misunderstood my meaning. I was defending the right of an LEO to carry without a CWP.

Why you thought I was trying to get an LEO to get a permit is beyond me. I hope you are not an LEO because your assesment of this situation, my post, leaves a bit to be desired.
    Your right, I can't engage without defending a threat of life while an LEO can. I believe it should be that way

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gkeil961 View Post
    I'm kinda thinking you have misunderstood my meaning. I was defending the right of an LEO to carry without a CWP.

Why you thought I was trying to get an LEO to get a permit is beyond me. I hope you are not an LEO because your assesment of this situation, my post, leaves a bit to be desired.
    Your right, I can't engage without defending a threat of life while an LEO can. I believe it should be that way
    My post was not towards you, it was towards G50.....

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    People...look up L.E.O.S.A. (HR 218)

I am a retired LEO living in Oregon. I have a CWP because I choose to (there are time when it is more "comfortable" to show my CWP than my retired ID/badge). We are limited by 2 specific types of state laws: legally posted private businesses that ban firearms and state laws that prohibit possession of weapons in government buildings.

We are still subject to federal limitations...which is another reason I have an Oregon CWP, since Oregon state law exempts CWP holders from such federal restrictions as carrying on school grounds.
    I personally think that LEOSA is a bunch of crap. If cops need to run around the nation armed 24/7, and I am not sure that they do, then the rest of us ordinary folks should have that right too.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I personally think that LEOSA is a bunch of crap. If cops need to run around the nation armed 24/7, and I am not sure that they do, then the rest of us ordinary folks should have that right too.
    Sorry, silly me, I thought the OP asked what the law was...not my feelings on permit laws in the first place.

I would prefer that permits, background checks and limitations on types of firearms were all abolished...but that does not respond to the purpose of the thread.

In the meantime, I will take advantage of the exemptions I have.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast