LEO's off duty and no firearm businesses - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LEO's off duty and no firearm businesses

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    it is, or should be at least, a right equally granted to all regardless of any "need".
    Just for the sake of discussion and not to be critically argumentative, but how would you regulate the ability, or non-ablity for mentally deficient or insane person from buying and carrying a gun?...Or would you?

The constitution doesn't specify that particular scenario and I suspect that the Founding Fathers would hope that common sense would prevail even though they didn't leave much else for speculation although it is still specualted upon. They did a pretty damn good job as far as I'm concerned but mental illness was treated far differently back then.

Is your contention that EVERYBODY, regardless, should be able to carry?

KK

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    Just for the sake of discussion and not to be critically argumentative, but how would you regulate the ability, or non-ablity for mentally deficient or insane person from buying and carrying a gun?...Or would you?

The constitution doesn't specify that particular scenario and I suspect that the Founding Fathers would hope that common sense would prevail even though they didn't leave much else for speculation although it is still specualted upon. They did a pretty damn good job as far as I'm concerned but mental illness was treated far differently back then.

Is your contention that EVERYBODY, regardless, should be able to carry?

KK
    My point wasn't so much about determining who should or shouldn't carry or even that "everyone" should be able to, but that among those that can carry, whether your are the President of the United States or a ditch digger, your ability to carry should be the same...and not based on any need.

But to try and answer your question...which I am not really qualified to do...I would say if you have been adjudicated as unable to handle your own affairs, it may be reasonable to restrict or remove your right to carry. As to how this would be enforced....I have no idea.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post

It it is, or should be at least, a right equally granted to all regardless of any "need".
    That was a good answer. I haven't been around here enough to figure where everybody is on diferrent subjects and you made this statement and I was just wondering. Now that you have defined the context, I see your point.

KK

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    No, you have nothing against LEOs...why would anyone think you do?
    Well at least we agree on that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234