No conceal sign
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No conceal sign

1. No conceal sign

Goodyear Auto Service has a no conceal sign on door. What if I open carry? Haha

3. I guess I should have said its in Lawton, Oklahoma

Check state laws, they vary state to state.
    Here in Wi you'd be in trouble.

5. First of all, you gotta remember that most of the people in Lawton are crazy so there's no tellin what might happen. Second, with the liberal open carry laws in Ok I believe all they can do is tell you to leave.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GB-Boater View Post
    Check state laws, they vary state to state.
    Here in Wi you'd be in trouble.
    In WI you get in trouble even if the sign isn't 5x7 and lying on the floor under the doormat.

7. Hand the manager one of these, and take your business elsewhere. They're available at the link in my sig.
    Pro-Second Amendment T-Shirts and Stickers, Patriotic Flags, Gun Bags, Backpacks
    Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2Adefender

Quote Originally Posted by Titandave View Post
    Goodyear Auto Service has a no conceal sign on door. What if I open carry? Haha
    What if you spend your hard earned money on tires at a service shop that understands your Constitutional rights?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

The real issue here is the state law and what it says and requires of the CCer AND the business. In SC and I am sure elsewhere the business is required to post a specific sign with a specific size and specific notification and graphics--if this is not done, you certainly can walk into a business CC--being CC, even if the business owner or manager is anti-firearm, it will make no difference since he will never see the firearm. Should, for some reason, it becomes obvious and he asks you to leave, you should leave, but only on a direct comment from management--the fact that you are in the store and are CC is not illegal since the signage was not there or incorrect in the first place. If your state allows CC with no restrictions on a business and/or the signage is incorrect, but also does not allow OC, you are breaking the law being OC in the business or not.
    Personally this a "haha" thread (I do not like using the "D" word) sounds like a yada yada.

In Texas very specific 30.06 sign anything else all they can do is ask you to leave.

No conceal sign

In WA signs don't mean jack. I still choose to take my business else where if I can, but when I can't they can placard the entire store front in signs and I can still walk right in. Concealed carry is concealed for a reason, nobody needs to know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast