Staples excludes firearm related companies from contest - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Staples excludes firearm related companies from contest

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jameshd View Post
    My "don't buy" list is so long by now there's almost no place I can still shop.
    One place you can still shop is the Nebraska Furniture Mart. They recently put a full page ad in the Omaha World-Herald informing citizens that they welcome those having concealed carry permits in Nebraska to shop (and carry) in their store. They then proceeded to state their reasons. They are one of the largest retailers in Nebraska.

They are trying to do damage control now. Saying the next contest will not be so restrictive to small business's. I emailed to them and asked for their specific policy regarding legal responsible carry in their stores. Will post the reply if i get one.

The wording on their exclusions is nearly identical to contest exclusions from other companies. I wonder if it isn't a third party contest company that is regulating this and Staples and others just going along with it?

Any one sending letters and/or the Second Amendment dollars to the individual stores and corporate offices? I have undated and customized the leaflets to suit the business or company. Just sent one to a restaurant that had a sign restricting such.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

Quote Originally Posted by NotTwoShure View Post
    Any one sending letters and/or the Second Amendment dollars to the individual stores and corporate offices? I have undated and customized the leaflets to suit the business or company. Just sent one to a restaurant that had a sign restricting such.
    Can you make a pdf copy and post it? I'd like one, please.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Can you make a pdf copy and post it? I'd like one, please.
    The Stentorian: For the Preservation of Liberty and Individual Freedom

This has a lot of things to down load and send.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

Blog Entries
    Nothing at staples that I can't get at Target for less

It's been a week since I sent an email asking exclusively what their policy is regarding legal responsible carry both concealed and open. Have not received a reply yet.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    It's been a week since I sent an email asking exclusively what their policy is regarding legal responsible carry both concealed and open. Have not received a reply yet.
    Apparently you're not holding your breath since you're still here. I wouldn't give up yet, but I also wouldn't expect a favorable reply.
    And if they do let in any gun business, it likely won't be for any big stakes. Instead of the $50,000, it'll probably be a $20 rebate.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    Apparently you're not holding your breath since you're still here. I wouldn't give up yet, but I also wouldn't expect a favorable reply.
    And if they do let in any gun business, it likely won't be for any big stakes. Instead of the $50,000, it'll probably be a $20 rebate.
    Snail mail to the corp office and all stores around you. I do this, it may not work but it makes me feel better. The hired help from my area have informed me the 10k+ of emails they receive are not all read but it is hard to put a hard copy away and deny they have received it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12