10 Companies That Hate Guns. - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: 10 Companies That Hate Guns.

  1. #31
    All the 7-11s I go into have the little sign at the bottom of the door like they don't want it to be seen. I really don't think its a priority with them or they would put them up higher on the door.
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

  2.   
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by 3gunshooter View Post
    All the 7-11s I go into have the little sign at the bottom of the door like they don't want it to be seen. I really don't think its a priority with them or they would put them up higher on the door.
    In Kansas, they have to be at a certain height to be considered legal. And even then, they also do not carry the weight of the law here. At worst you can be arrested for trespassing if you don't leave after being asked.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

  4. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    In Kansas, they have to be at a certain height to be considered legal. And even then, they also do not carry the weight of the law here. At worst you can be arrested for trespassing if you don't leave after being asked.
    If they don't carry the weight of law, then what do you mean "considered legal"? They're just liberal door decorations if the law won't back them up. A property owner doesn't need a sign posted to ask you to leave their property. If you refuse, it's trespassing, sign or no sign.

  5. #34
    From the Kansas AG web site on concealed carry:

    Kansas Administrative Regulation
    16-11-7

    16-11-7. Signs.
    (a) Each sign posted pursuant to K.S.A. 75-7c10, and amendments thereto, shall contain the graphic
    in the document titled “personal and family protection act: required signage for K.A.R. 16-11-7,” dated October 19,
    2006, and hereby adopted by reference.
    (b) The size of the sign shall be eight inches by eight inches or larger. If the sign is eight
    inches by eight inches, the size of the graphic adopted by
    reference in subsection (a) shall be six inches in diameter. If the sign is larger than
    eight inches by eight inches, the size of the graphic shall be proportional to the size of the sign.
    (c) Each sign shall meet all of the following requirements:
    (1) The background shall be white.
    (2) The portion of the graphic depicting the handgun shall be black.
    (3) The portion of the graphic depicting the circle and diagonal slash across the handgun shall be red.
    (4) No text shall be placed within the one-inch area surrounding the graphic.
    (d) Each sign shall be displayed according to the following requirements:
    (1) The sign shall be posted at the eye level of an adult. “At the eye level of an adult” shall mean that the
    entire sign is between four feet and six feet from the ground
    .
    (2) The sign shall be posted not more than 12 inches to the right or left of all exterior public and nonpublic
    entrances to the building.
    (3) The sign shall be visible from the exterior of the building.
    (4) The sign shall not be obstructed by sliding doorways, displays, or other postings.
    (e) Each sign that becomes illegible shall be replaced immediately. (Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 2009
    Supp. 75-7c10, as amended by L. 2010, Ch. 140, 9; effective Nov. 27, 2006; amended Jan. 14, 2011.)

    From http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/kansas.pdf

    Do “No Gun Signs” Have the Force of Law?

    "NO"
    65-7402

    I saw this last part on the Kansas AG site before, but there's so much info on there now, I can't find it. And I don't have the time to read through 50 or so .pdf files.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

  6. #35

    10 Companies That Hate Guns.

    Reading your response got me curious so I checked out handgunlaw.us myself and found this:

    (e) (1) It shall be a violation of this section to carry a concealed handgun in violation of any restriction or prohibition allowed by subsection (a) or (b) if the building is posted in accordance with rules and regulations adopted by the attorney general pursuant to subsection
    (h). Any person who violates this section shall not be subject to a criminal penalty but may be subject to denial to such premises or removal from such premises.

    So in effect, the signs do have the force of "law" behind them, however the law assigns no criminal penalty for violation of the said law other than possibly being trespassed. In other words, I've come to the conclusion that this is the one of the most useless laws ever written. The effect is no different than that of a state where signs do not hold force of law. The only difference is that Kansas taxpayers had to pay their congressmen to waste their time writing and taking this utterly useless bill through the legal process. I feel sorry for you.

  7. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Reading your response got me curious so I checked out handgunlaw.us myself and found this:

    (e) (1) It shall be a violation of this section to carry a concealed handgun in violation of any restriction or prohibition allowed by subsection (a) or (b) if the building is posted in accordance with rules and regulations adopted by the attorney general pursuant to subsection
    (h). Any person who violates this section shall not be subject to a criminal penalty but may be subject to denial to such premises or removal from such premises.

    So in effect, the signs do have the force of "law" behind them, however the law assigns no criminal penalty for violation of the said law other than possibly being trespassed. In other words, I've come to the conclusion that this is the one of the most useless laws ever written. The effect is no different than that of a state where signs do not hold force of law. The only difference is that Kansas taxpayers had to pay their congressmen to waste their time writing and taking this utterly useless bill through the legal process. I feel sorry for you.
    he is talking private businesses you are talking governmental buildings I know of no place where an AG can tell a person what they can lawfully do or cannot do within a private building or business. Either the legislature has passed a law giving the signage posted by a business the force of law or it hasn't in this case it appears that in KS there is no law in place and the AG cannot make up laws on his whims

  8. I am AMAZED to learn that Ben & Jerry's opposes gun ownership because, in the state of Vermont (where the company started), no license is necessary to carry a concealed weapon. That's right, if you can legally purchase a firearm, you can legally carry it concealed WITH NOBODY'S PERMISSION NECESSARY.
    "Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the communists in hell can overrun you!" General Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller, at the Chosin Reservoir
    http://badassoftheweek.com/puller.html

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post

    How about that? I used a Bank of America credit card to buy my last gun.
    +1....used mine for last 2 purchases...& weekly for ammo!! LOL

    XDM 9mm Compact, Glock 22 Gen 4

  10. Any place that I can't carry still carry my Kimber pepper blaster.

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    Enough gun owners out there to hurt business economically, don't want my gun don't want my business.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast