Walmart in Atascocita, TX....not quite on the list but on thin ice. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walmart in Atascocita, TX....not quite on the list but on thin ice.

So out of STATE HUNTERS are not welcome?

Hey, be happy you have ammo at your local WAL-MART. I rarely find what I want at mine or even within the 50 mile radius
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

4. Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    So out of STATE HUNTERS are not welcome?
    no...the clerk and on-duty manager were mistaking their own ideas for actual laws. Corporate straightened them out, apologized for the inconvenience, had the manager and clerk who made the mistake apologize, and assure me that it won't happen again. I've been back many times since and it has not...and I've dealt with the same clerk. She's still just as clueless about ammo, but at least she'll sell me what I point to.

So if you are Hunting from out of state they wont let you buy ammo -WOW

This is surprising. I buy all my target ammo at Walmart and the guys in sporting goods are all great. One guy even keeps a few boxes of WWB behind the counter for me. I have yet to find any other retailer (including online) that can beat Walmart's ammo prices.

Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    .I'm pretty sure there's a civil rights violation in there.
    I'm pretty sure there's not

You were just unfortunate to run into a couple of people who sort of made there own rules, and would have kept on doing so if you had not stepped in, I just wounder how much of that stuff go's on that we do not hear about, and how much money it ends up costing Walmart,
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    Just a followup - I have gone back to this Walmart to purchase more ammo and had no problems - I wasn't even asked for an I.D. - as should be the case.

However, in the process of dealing with this matter I have discovered several other sources of cheap target ammo like Academy (and sometimes even Gander Mountain when it's on sale) that are within a $1 of Walmart's price for the same ammo and it's always available, there's no limits, and no hassles so I probably won't be buying the thousands of rounds I usually buy here...but if my wife or I spot a few boxes of cheap target loads we might grab em while we're buying groceries. This is Texas and there's WAY too many great places to buy guns and ammo to put up with this kind of crap.
    Depending on the shotgun shells, ID might be required. .410 shells can be used in a pistol or shotgun. I won't sell you them if you own a S&W Governor or a Taurus Judge unless you are over 21. Same with 9mm if you don't own a 9mm carbine and are under 21. As far as I know though, there are no 16, 20, or 12ga pistols. So no violation of the law if over 18 to sell it to you. With more and more companies making AK pistols and AR pistols, 5.56/.223, 7.62X39, and 5.7X28 are also going to join the list of ammo that will require ID.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

10. Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    As far as I know though, there are no 16, 20, or 12ga pistols. So no violation of the law if over 18 to sell it to you. With more and more companies making AK pistols and AR pistols, 5.56/.223, 7.62X39, and 5.7X28 are also going to join the list of ammo that will require ID.
    Mossberg 12 GA Persuader Pistol Grip Only Shotgun.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Mossberg 12 GA Persuader Pistol Grip Only Shotgun.
    That one still qualifies as a shotgun. The .410" version has an 18.5" long barrel and the 12ga version has a 20" barrel.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast