Shell Gas Clerk Protect's Himself from Knife Weilding Attacker...Clerk is Fired.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shell Gas Clerk Protect's Himself from Knife Weilding Attacker...Clerk is Fired.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs up Shell Gas Clerk Protect's Himself from Knife Weilding Attacker...Clerk is Fired.

Shell gas-station Clerk (Armed with a CHL & a Ruger LCP) make's a 'conscious choice' to defend himself from a knife wielding attacker...Clerk is then terminated from his job of over 10 year's by his gutless anti 2nd-amendment employer.

The brave & intelligent clerk replied that "He just wanted to be able to safely go back home to his family and that he would rather be alive and out of a job than dead or seriously injured".

Armed Store Clerk Makes ?Conscious Choice? to Protect His Life During Robbery Attempt ? Now He?s Out of a Job | TheBlaze.com

OoRah! I just wish that he would have put a few slug's into that knife weilding scumbag for good measure.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

I hope his employer is happy when another clerk is killed because he had no way to defend himself. Note to self: Don't fill up at Shell stations.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

4. who boycott Shell? This is the policy of the one store owner, not Shell. Perhaps picketing the specific store, demanding the owner rehire his faithful and brave employee.

Almost all places like this (gas stations, retail, banks, etc) have a strict policy that you do not resist a robbery in any way. You're supposed to do exactly what the person says, then of course report the incident after the person leaves. The idea is that it's the safest way to go for everyone involved.

Yeah I think it's kind of lame that a person gets fired for defending them self, but good or bad, policy is policy.

I think you're correct here!
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentSmith5150 View Post
    Almost all places like this (gas stations, retail, banks, etc) have a strict policy that you do not resist a robbery in any way. You're supposed to do exactly what the person says, then of course report the incident after the person leaves. The idea is that it's the safest way to go for everyone involved.

Yeah I think it's kind of lame that a person gets fired for defending them self, but good or bad, policy is policy.

Quote Originally Posted by tionico View Post
    who boycott Shell? This is the policy of the one store owner, not Shell. Perhaps picketing the specific store, demanding the owner rehire his faithful and brave employee.
    It said they asked "something-Energy" for a statement, I couldn't make it out in the video, but it didn't sound like a single store owner. Doesn't matter, there's no Shell stations around me anyway.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

It would be a nice touch if some other company in the Nashua area reached out and offered him a job because they are proud of him.

Damn, 10 years with one company and they fire him for protecting himself AND having the restraint NOT to shoot even though he would have been justified.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by AgentSmith5150 View Post

I understand the policy, the logic being that the company assumes (a) that otherwise the employee will get hurt and (b) if the perp is hurt he'll sue. On the other hand, with some of these people there is no guarantee that after you give them the $98 in the till they still won't shoot/knife/beat you to a pulp.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Shell gas-station Clerk (Armed with a CHL & a Ruger LCP) make's a 'conscious choice' to defend himself from a knife wielding attacker...Clerk is then terminated from his job of over 10 year's by his gutless anti 2nd-amendment employer.

The brave & intelligent clerk replied that "He just wanted to be able to safely go back home to his family and that he would rather be alive and out of a job than dead or seriously injured".

Armed Store Clerk Makes ?Conscious Choice? to Protect His Life During Robbery Attempt ? Now He?s Out of a Job | TheBlaze.com

OoRah! I just wish that he would have put a few slug's into that knife weilding scumbag for good measure.
    He had due cause. It's unfortunate that his company fired him BUT, they had due cause as well. NOT that I agree with their stance but it is a private property owners right. Their business, their regs, their rights.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

now if the bad guys would realize that they do not need to hurt or kill a clerk.seems everyone knows by now that store policy is to hand over the money and not resist.but i guess crooks cant comprehend that if they go in yelling and putting the gun in the clerks face that the clerk is going to have problems opening cash drawer or safe,then everything goes south from there.if the crook can be calm and stern and everyone goes home tonight.

now i am sure a owner/operator type store cashier might be more willing to fight for the money.and store owners how about investing a little more in your cameras.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast