Dollar General prohibits employees... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Dollar General prohibits employees...

  1. #11
    Lol...wolf_fire, I think rocketgeezer meant he didn't want to work there any longer. It seems to me like a messed up situation.
    I agree, someone has to take out the trash....

  2.   
  3. #12
    ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by superprincess View Post
    Lol...wolf_fire, I think rocketgeezer meant he didn't want to work there any longer. It seems to me like a messed up situation.
    It is truly messed up when a company would rather send a "we regret to inform you" message to the family members than let their employees DEFEND THEMSELVES - and this is a company that has lost a number of employees to armed attackers.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837

    Dollar General prohibits employees...

    I live less than two miles from a "mom & pop" store and a dollar general.
    BOTH places robbed, multiple times. With weapons (gun & knife!).
    The bank my Wife and I use was robbed by an individual who passed a note threatening to shoot if he didn't get the money! That was less than a mile from me too!
    That one I followed on my scanner at the time.
    Funny thing though.... All the Cops agencies involved have since switched to trunk systems and refuse to disclose the frequencies to follow them.....
    Hmmm...


    Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    .


    When did pepper spray become a weapon?!.
    Black Friday sale at Walmart a couple years ago, silly. Some lady pepper sprayed the crowd so she could get a DVD.

  6. They do that, like other companies, because if a dozen employees get mowed-down, the company wins. How? They collect lots of flowers outside, sympathy, more business as the free advertisement hits the airwaves (yes, they get mentioned dozens of times, including their address, for free). On the other side, one dead robber, killed by an employee, makes the place seem dangerous. And heaven forbid the employee is white while the attempted murderer is black!

    Employees are expendable. We are pawns. We only exist (as far as the Corporation is concerned) to create more money. With unemployment near 30%, the Corporation knows replacing you will be super-easy.

    If employees live - that's a win.
    If employees die - that's a win.

    While I detest unions, only united workers can force businesses to recognize the right of the employee to live. It seems very simple: The employee wants to live. When an inhuman beast such as a Corporation runs so many peoples' lives, our nation is truly in trouble.

    If anyone knows of any solutions, besides trying to unionize, please post a follow-up. I'm all ears (eyes).

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by gundaddypv View Post
    They do that, like other companies, because if a dozen employees get mowed-down, the company wins. How? They collect lots of flowers outside, sympathy, more business as the free advertisement hits the airwaves (yes, they get mentioned dozens of times, including their address, for free). On the other side, one dead robber, killed by an employee, makes the place seem dangerous. And heaven forbid the employee is white while the attempted murderer is black!

    Employees are expendable. We are pawns. We only exist (as far as the Corporation is concerned) to create more money. With unemployment near 30%, the Corporation knows replacing you will be super-easy.

    If employees live - that's a win.
    If employees die - that's a win.

    While I detest unions, only united workers can force businesses to recognize the right of the employee to live. It seems very simple: The employee wants to live. When an inhuman beast such as a Corporation runs so many peoples' lives, our nation is truly in trouble.

    If anyone knows of any solutions, besides trying to unionize, please post a follow-up. I'm all ears (eyes).
    Unionizing doesn't help you. And companies aren't picking an anti-violence policy based on sales or exposure. Just crazy to think so. Simply put... insurance rates are lower with these policies in effect. When completing a general liability or D&O policy application the question are quite thorough in this area.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  8. I'd like to know from someone in the insurance business if having this policy makes a big difference, and what the difference is. Even then, isn't it all still about money?

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by gundaddypv View Post
    I'd like to know from someone in the insurance business if having this policy makes a big difference, and what the difference is. Even then, isn't it all still about money?
    it IS all about money. like stated, insurance rates are lower for them, plus if something happens they have that policy in place to slough any litigation onto the employee for breaking their rule.

  10. $ > LIFE

    Sucks, but it seems like that's the formula in this world.

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by gundaddypv View Post
    I'd like to know from someone in the insurance business if having this policy makes a big difference, and what the difference is. Even then, isn't it all still about money?
    The difference in premiums was substantial. And yes, its all about money. I'm not in the humanitarian business or to support others' positions on the constitution. That's between you an your government.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast