Dollar General prohibits employees... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dollar General prohibits employees...

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    The difference in premiums was substantial. And yes, its all about money. I'm not in the humanitarian business or to support others' positions on the constitution. That's between you an your government.
    OK, BC, you are one of the long time contributors here, and I respect that, but I am sick and tired of your "I've got mine, screw the rest of you" attitude. Most of us on this forum are here for exactly the opposite reason - we are here to support each other and to fight together to maintain OUR Constitutional rights. It isn't just between "you an your government," it's between ALL OF US AND A GOVERNMENT THAT NO LONGER REPRESENTS US. There are other business owners on this forum that are willing to take the hit on insurance premiums and in other ways IN ORDER TO SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS OF OTHERS.

Now, as I said before, I was unaware of what happened to you and your family until just a few months ago, and that was tragic, but it emphasizes how critical it is for all of us to be supportive of each other; instead, you have curled up into your own shell and told the rest of the firearms owner/carry community, including your own employees (according to your past posts), to shove off and fend for themselves. To paraphrase King Hezekiah, "as long as there is money and security in my day…," Isaiah 39:8. I've got news for you - we will hang together, or they will pick us off one by one and the fault will lie with those of you who have held your, "I'm not in the humanitarian business or to support others' positions on the constitution," position.

All right guys, feel free to pile on and tell me how wrong and unfeeling I am for saying that.

Edited

I have one more thought. The Declaration of Independence ends with the phrase,

“And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.”
    The men who signed that document were, by and large, BUSINESSMEN. They could just as easily have said, you know, we might not like everything about this system, but we're making our money - and that's what counts. We're not here to fight for your rights. Take it up with good King George yourselves. They didn't do that. Instead, they put everything on the line in defense of EVERYONE'S rights. Some of them lost everything.

What a difference between the mindset of our founders and some of us here today.

Like I said, pile on.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    OK, BC, you are one of the long time contributors here, and I respect that, but I am sick and tired of your "I've got mine, screw the rest of you" attitude. Most of us on this forum are here for exactly the opposite reason - we are here to support each other and to fight together to maintain OUR Constitutional rights. It isn't just between "you an your government," it's between ALL OF US AND A GOVERNMENT THAT NO LONGER REPRESENTS US. There are other business owners on this forum that are willing to take the hit on insurance premiums and in other ways IN ORDER TO SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS OF OTHERS.

Now, as I said before, I was unaware of what happened to you and your family until just a few months ago, and that was tragic, but it emphasizes how critical it is for all of us to be supportive of each other; instead, you have curled up into your own shell and told the rest of the firearms owner/carry community, including your own employees (according to your past posts), to shove off and fend for themselves. To paraphrase King Hezekiah, "as long as there is money and security in my day…," Isaiah 39:8. I've got news for you - we will hang together, or they will pick us off one by one and the fault will lie with those of you who have held your, "I'm not in the humanitarian business or to support others' positions on the constitution," position.

All right guys, feel free to pile on and tell me how wrong and unfeeling I am for saying that.
    That's not the way the world works. As gun owners we can't even put up a resistance against the permit system, how easy would it be of all firearm owners to just stop getting permits and carry? That's just one aspect that drives the firearm community apart...one of hundreds...so it boils down to individual responsibility. I'm no longer going to fight for someone else's Rights when they turn around and try and take mine.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I haven't seen any Dollar Generals in our area that are posted as gun free zones for the public, but the employee manual prohibits DG employees from carrying ANY defensive device with them while at work.

When did pepper spray become a weapon?!

Despite being robbed numerous times each year and having several employees killed during robberies, Dollar General prefers that their employees be good and defenseless.
    Have not read any responses but all I have to say.......If anyone is robbing a DG, let them have it. Really don't think, nor did they, that the take would be more then a few dollars. (NOT rocket science here) DOLLAR General, gee they must be loaded.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

5. Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Have not read any responses but all I have to say.......If anyone is robbing a DG, let them have it. Really don't think, nor did they, that the take would be more then a few dollars. (NOT rocket science here) DOLLAR General, gee they must be loaded.
    Obviously you don't watch the news... people go in and shoot first these days. A dead cashier won't resist. While they're there, they shoot everyone else so they have the place to themselves. This is happening more and more often. While it's likely the fist life can't be saved, the second or third can with someone who practices drawing from concealment.

The robbery is about power and money. The robbery isn't about the big score. This is why gas stations, which might have just a couple hundred dollars in the till get robbed all the time. They're easy. Robbers are lazy. Ft. Knox hasn't been robbed because it's hard.

Edited

I have one more thought. The Declaration of Independence ends with the phrase,

The men who signed that document were, by and large, BUSINESSMEN. They could just as easily have said, you know, we might not like everything about this system, but we're making our money - and that's what counts. We're not here to fight for your rights. Take it up with good King George yourselves. They didn't do that. Instead, they put everything on the line in defense of EVERYONE'S rights. Some of them lost everything.

What a difference between the mindset of our founders and some of us here today.

Like I said, pile on.
    Truth is I'm not paying another 10K per year in premiums because people want to carry a gun at work. It's an engineering office staffed with consultants, not a company where people handle money. The doors are locked, you need a key-card to enter and its not open to the public. I'm the only person carrying anything on any of my property. You have no constitutional rights in my building. The one I broke my back to buy. The business I built with long, hard hours. The constitution defines the powers of government. The Bill of rights limits their power over you. That right doesn't, and never has existed between you and I. And the constitution doesn't confer on you any ability to rise above my wishes. In fact to the contrary, the bill of rights is there to help me pursue my own life and liberty.
    This is about much more than premiums. If you lie on the form you have ZERO coverage should a problem occur. That means you personally pay the legal costs of defending a civil suit. And the award, should you lose. That could be $100K plus any monies a jury assigns. For what? So you can have a gun in the office. The people running corporate America aren't anti-gun. They're just smart enough to know better than to perform without a net. Further, my business success relies on keeping the very best in their field as my employees and consultants. There are people who won't work for a company where their co-workers have a gun in the desk. That includes other gun owners. This opinion exists among gun owners, not just the anti-gun elitists. My success depends on the quality of person I employ. I can't only hire people who aren't afraid of guns. You haven't thought this through very well. It's more than insurance premiums. It's about quality of employees, willingness of clients to engage your company in business and it's about success and failure. When its your money, family and future on the line then you decide. When its mine you accept it or start your own business and hang your own assets out in the wind for the cause.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Insurance is carried for protection, I carry insurance and a gun for protection. Company has a right to ban arms and I have the right to spend my money at some other place. Jared's Jewelers does not allow carry in their stores, I respected that, I dropped wife off to buy a trinket when I got to door saw sign, called wife on cell and said come outside, when she did showed her sign and we went to another jewelers, one couple $1,200 bucks to the competition. Wrote letter got for protection of clients answer, recommend all honest gun carrying individuals not shop at Jared's. I respected their request and will continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Insurance is carried for protection, I carry insurance and a gun for protection. Company has a right to ban arms and I have the right to spend my money at some other place. Jared's Jewelers does not allow carry in their stores, I respected that, I dropped wife off to buy a trinket when I got to door saw sign, called wife on cell and said come outside, when she did showed her sign and we went to another jewelers, one couple $1,200 bucks to the competition. Wrote letter got for protection of clients answer, recommend all honest gun carrying individuals not shop at Jared's. I respected their request and will continue to do so.
    If this is true, you should understand something about the jewelry business. There are two major jewelers in the United States. One is called Sterling, Inc. It owns: Kay Jewelers, Goodman Jewelers, Jared The Galleria of Jewelry, LeRoys Jewelers, J. B. Robinson Jewelers, Marks & Morgan Jewelers, Osterman Jewelers, Rogers Jewelers, Belden Jewelers, Shaws Jewelers, Friedlander Jewelers, and Weisfield Jewelers. The other jeweler is Zale Corp. They own Zale's, Bailey Banks & Biddle, Gordon's Jewelers, and Piercing Pagoda.

I hope the next store you went to wasn't owned by the same parent company, or you decided to go to an independent private jeweler instead.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    I live less than two miles from a "mom & pop" store and a dollar general.
    BOTH places robbed, multiple times. With weapons (gun & knife!).
    The bank my Wife and I use was robbed by an individual who passed a note threatening to shoot if he didn't get the money! That was less than a mile from me too!
    That one I followed on my scanner at the time.
    Funny thing though.... All the Cops agencies involved have since switched to trunk systems and refuse to disclose the frequencies to follow them.....
    Hmmm...

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.
    Check out frequency listing on radioreference.com

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?stid=50

Click on your county and use the freq's...You must have a scanner that is capable of trunk scanning.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    The amount of money is not the point..It's the possible loss of life....Speaking from working several of these robberies at D.G.

If the manager does not make the deposits as they should over weekend it can be a large amount of cash....You would be surprised at how many of these robberies is set up by employees.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    If this is true, you should understand something about the jewelry business. There are two major jewelers in the United States. One is called Sterling, Inc. It owns: Kay Jewelers, Goodman Jewelers, Jared The Galleria of Jewelry, LeRoys Jewelers, J. B. Robinson Jewelers, Marks & Morgan Jewelers, Osterman Jewelers, Rogers Jewelers, Belden Jewelers, Shaws Jewelers, Friedlander Jewelers, and Weisfield Jewelers. The other jeweler is Zale Corp. They own Zale's, Bailey Banks & Biddle, Gordon's Jewelers, and Piercing Pagoda.

I hope the next store you went to wasn't owned by the same parent company, or you decided to go to an independent private jeweler instead.
    Go to a local store. My Father feed four boys from a Family owned jewelry store all the years I lived at home...we were in tourist area. We closed first week Oct and opened May 1st...Snow in the mountains drives away customers.....And Dad wanted time to spend with the boys in the woods!

One other thing to remember is that jewelry has a 300% mark up so when they tell you, your getting a deal..It may not be so!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast