Dollar General prohibits employees... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dollar General prohibits employees...

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Have not read any responses but all I have to say.......If anyone is robbing a DG, let them have it. Really don't think, nor did they, that the take would be more then a few dollars. (NOT rocket science here) DOLLAR General, gee they must be loaded.
    Since the place operates mainly in cash, the take can be quite significant.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    One other thing to remember is that jewelry has a 300% mark up so when they tell you, your getting a deal..It may not be so!
    Just a side note that is not pertinent to the thread. The percentage markup in jewelry is actually less of a percentage than nearly all other retail purchases. For instance a lot of designer jeans have markups nearing 1300-1500%. What burns people's britches is the dollar amount of markup with jewelry. A small percentage markup on a large ticket item can mean a larger dollar amount markup.

Glad you went to an independent jeweler. I wish more people supported their local businesses.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

I've worked at a ton of places that don't allow it. Kept it concealed, no one will ever know I have it until it's being used. Thankfully have never had to use it but the area near the job I'm leaving now has, within one year had: 2 cops shot, one of my employees robbed at gunpoint, a restaurant two doors down robbed at gunpoint, three manhunts for murder suspects, and multiple snatch and grabs. I have my weapon no matter what a corporation says. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234