Dollar General prohibits employees...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dollar General prohibits employees...

ezkl2230 Guest

Dollar General prohibits employees...

I haven't seen any Dollar Generals in our area that are posted as gun free zones for the public, but the employee manual prohibits DG employees from carrying ANY defensive device with them while at work.

The following are NOT a complete list but are illustrative of those offenses for which even the first offense may leadto performance counseling and/or termination from the Company: ....

When did pepper spray become a weapon?!

Despite being robbed numerous times each year and having several employees killed during robberies, Dollar General prefers that their employees be good and defenseless.

3. So carry a gun and if caught get a new job! Better then getting dead!

When I worked at Advance Auto, the boss insisted that I would be fired on the spot if caught carrying. A co-worker suggested I read the employee manual, always a good but often overlooked idea. It said, in relation to weapons carry, that it was prohibited "except where allowed by state or local law." In Delaware, open carry is legal except where posted on private property. The store was not posted, and many customers came in OC with nothing said. I wish now that I had given the boss and me a chance to find out what would have happened. Had to leave due to a run-in with a table saw. Now with my permit(s) I CC all the time including at home.

Most employers don't let the employees carry. Its been in every company policy handbook I have ever seen.
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

6. Quote Originally Posted by 3gunshooter View Post
    Most employers don't let the employees carry. Its been in every company policy handbook I have ever seen.
    Not so when I worked at J&G sales, nor at Davidson's... but then I suppose that's not a surprise.

Most employers have such a policy.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

The part I found more disgusting than not being able to carry is that the handbook said that a condition of employment is that the employee consents to searches of the employee and personal lockers at random. Screw that, you want to search me at my job, get a warrant.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

That searching crap cost me a job once, but it did not pay very well so it was no great loss, in this case it was over something stupid, the owner told the GM to search all the employees personal computors, someone was downloading movies from the companys websight, and he thought it had to be one of us, it was not, and after some time and a little investigation, the problem was found to be customers while in the waiting room were getting on and downloading stuff, and somehow it was charged to the company, like I said no big deal I got a better job
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Guess it's one more store I will not be spending my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    That searching crap cost me a job once, but it did not pay very well so it was no great loss, in this case it was over something stupid, the owner told the GM to search all the employees personal computors, someone was downloading movies from the companys websight, and he thought it had to be one of us, it was not, and after some time and a little investigation, the problem was found to be customers while in the waiting room were getting on and downloading stuff, and somehow it was charged to the company, like I said no big deal I got a better job

Is it me, or am I the only one that is wondering why, Rocket, that you lost your job when you didn't do anything?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast