Extended Stay America
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Extended Stay America

Extended Stay America

I've traveled around the country, stayed at many different hotels/motels but only resently noticed that Extened Stay Non-America specifically states NO fierarms on their property!
    Have others noticed this?
    Is it a state thing?

sdg

I wouldn't think they could do that because no one would actually tell them they're armed.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

4. Hmm in my experience it depends on the state. Some states allow them to do so (private property), while a state I recently was in, Montana, actually prohibits hotels and landlords from posting and not allowing firearms on their premises for law abiding citizens.

5. Castle Doctrine is not overridding? I am surprised this can be allowed under state laws.

Quote Originally Posted by nukesdg View Post
    I've traveled around the country, stayed at many different hotels/motels but only resently noticed that Extened Stay Non-America specifically states NO fierarms on their property!
    Have others noticed this?
    Is it a state thing?

sdg
    Which state were you in where you noticed this?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

7. I wrote to Extended Stay to find out exactly what the policy is nationwide. Here is the response:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting Extended Stay America regarding our firearm policy.

While we understand your right to carry your firearm as a concealed carry permit holder, all of our locations prohibit
    any guest from possessing a firearm in our rooms or on our property. Our policy specifically states, “firearms, other weapons, or hazardous chemicals are strictly prohibited.”

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. We appreciate your inquiry and hope to host you in the near future.

Regards,
    [email protected]

Needless to say, they will not be "hosting" me.

8. Hmm

That is quite interesting, since if I remember right, two years ago we stayed in an Extended Stay America in Montana where I carried, maybe they should be reminded that in certain states (particularly Montana) this is actually against state law.

Montana 70-24-110. Landlords and tenants -- no firearm prohibition allowed. A landlord or operator of a hotel or motel may not, by contract or otherwise, prevent a tenant or a guest of a tenant from possessing on the premises a firearm that it is legal for the tenant or guest to possess. A landlord or operator of a hotel or motel may prohibit the discharge of a firearm on the premises except in self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckness View Post
    That is quite interesting, since if I remember right, two years ago we stayed in an Extended Stay America in Montana where I carried, maybe they should be reminded that in certain states (particularly Montana) this is actually against state law.

Montana 70-24-110. Landlords and tenants -- no firearm prohibition allowed. A landlord or operator of a hotel or motel may not, by contract or otherwise, prevent a tenant or a guest of a tenant from possessing on the premises a firearm that it is legal for the tenant or guest to possess. A landlord or operator of a hotel or motel may prohibit the discharge of a firearm on the premises except in self-defense.

Nice work chuckness and gfrlaser. This is the reason I asked the OP which state he noticed the sign. There are some states that disallow the prohibition of carrying at hotels/motels.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

10. There are some states that disallow the prohibition of carrying at hotels/motels.
    That's exactly what I thought. Still, to put a blanket ban on legal conceal carry toward thier guests is hard to believe, my advice is not 'stay' at Extended Stay.

11. To be honest I would rather pitch a tent on the side of the road instead of staying in an Extended Stay. They have such a big reputation for criminal activity. In Florida where I was raised the County/City actually had to close one down because of the problems. Ohhh wait they ban guns. Must why they are so attractive to the criminal element.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast