Cheesecake Factory - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cheesecake Factory

Quote Originally Posted by snowman45 View Post
    Really? So in taking this career, one I did for 37 years, we have no right to defend ourselves because we "knew the risk". I agree, we should all have the right to carry, but your faulty logic when it comes to Leo's is pure crap. Secondly, most departments, if not laws in the states in which they exist, have policies against carrying a firearm when drinking. Further, LEOs do face the potential for civil liability or criminal charges if they hit innocent people while violating law or department policy. So, again, if you've got a problem with law enforcement, just be honest and say so. Then we can discuss things on that level.
    I am being honest and Yes I do have a problem with police not being held to the laws they are in charge of enforcing.

3. Let's pretend for a moment that police officers do have a duty to act by law. Ok...so tell me what are the odds that there will be an armed police officer present when the criminal decides to start shooting? So tell me again why I should "get over myself" and be content with waiting for the police officer to show up while the criminal is sending bullets towards me and/or my family?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarrior View Post
    You and you alone are yours and your family's first responder. Not the PD or FD. They regularly pick up the pieces and do after-actions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Please do not group the Fire department in with the Police. I have yet to see a fireman or to be PC fire person claim that their lives are more important then the citizens they server, unlike the police officers who shot unarmed people because they feared for their lives and had no choice but to shoot an unarmed man so they could go home safely.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Please do not group the Fire department in with the Police. I have yet to see a fireman or to be PC fire person claim that their lives are more important then the citizens they server, unlike the police officers who shot unarmed people because they feared for their lives and had no choice but to shoot an unarmed man so they could go home safely.
    And I imagine you'll love this:
    https://www.statter911.com/2014/08/3...f-crash-scene/

It’s happened again. This time it was in Winnfield, Louisiana. Yesterday (Saturday) morning a Winn Parish Sheriff’s Department deputy arrested Winnfield Firefighter Jonathan Johnson after Johnson refused to move the pumper he was driving. Johnson said it was parked at the crash scene in a way to protect firefighters and EMS as they dealt with a minor accident.

The sheriff’s department says they did not do anything out of the ordinary during the incident.

and this one:

Police Officer Arrests Firefighter At Accident Scene In California : The Two-Way : NPR

It's bad enough that firefighters get called out to rescue people from all kinds of situations - many times at the risk of their own lives to do so - but they also have to worry about police arresting them for it too!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Would you care to point out where I stated what is in bold? What I said was that you should have NO MORE RIGHT to defend yourself because you are a cop than any other person's right to defend themselves. I don't have a problem with law enforcement officers. I have a problem with the pedestal that is provided for them to stand on and law enforcement officers who feel like they have special rights to stand on it.
    NavyLCDR; On that we can agree. I don't believe LEO's have more rights than the public. I simply take offense to what appears to be attacks on LEO's who carry a gun to protect themselves, their families and innocent victims. It has been said that there is no duty to protect. I'm afraid you'll find that most (at least the old guys like me) don't agree with that assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I am being honest and Yes I do have a problem with police not being held to the laws they are in charge of enforcing.
    No one is saying police should not be held to account for the same laws they enforce on others. That is the ultimate hypocrisy and in the PRK we see it with the legislature as well. Let's be clear; I'm an old, retired cop who came up in a slightly different atmosphere than we have now. I don't like a great many of these things any more than you do. However, I've seen the direction we are headed in regard to how law enforcement is required to act. Ferguson, Mo is a great example. Simply because one is a member of law enforcement doesn't mean you bow down to aggression any more than it means that you should be the aggressor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post

I have seen a great many situations where law enforcement officers have put themselves in harms way to protect or rescue the innocent, so let's not make this kind of comparison with what fire personnel do. Different job with different circumstances. Given the choice between shooting an "unarmed man", even though he may be physically more capable, and going home without injury, or just going home at all is a simple choice. I suspect it's one that many would make.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Let's pretend for a moment that police officers do have a duty to act by law. Ok...so tell me what are the odds that there will be an armed police officer present when the criminal decides to start shooting? So tell me again why I should "get over myself" and be content with waiting for the police officer to show up while the criminal is sending bullets towards me and/or my family?
    Again, I agree with your position here. The safety of ourselves and our families is the responsibility of each of us, LEO or not.

10. Quote Originally Posted by snowman45 View Post
    Again, I agree with your position here. The safety of ourselves and our families is the responsibility of each of us, LEO or not.
    Then why does one group have special privileges over another?
    Police are 100% reactionary, period. Police show up, outline the body and take the report... then, if things aren't too backed up... you may start looking for the perp..

I'll carry anywhere and everywhere I go and that's a promise.
    No cops life is worth more than mine or my families...

11. Quote Originally Posted by mikestone967 View Post
    then, if things aren't too backed up... you may start looking for the perp..
    Unless it happens to be another police officer that was the victim of the crime. Then all of the LEO agencies for miles around will all pool their resources and find that particular normally within 24 hours and look for the excuse to kill them on the spot - no double standard there....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast