Cheesecake Factory
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheesecake Factory

Cheesecake Factory

Officers booted from Cheesecake Factory for carrying firearms | KIRO-TV

Only LEO welcome with their firearms. You know, because their lives are so much more valuable than everyone else.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I carry to that restaurant chain, but it is concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post

Only LEO welcome with their firearms. You know, because their lives are so much more valuable than everyone else.
    While I agree with Constitutional Carry for all; yeah, there is a reason why law enforcement carry firearms where others are not allowed. If you can't figure that out, you need to watch the news. LEO's are targets; whether on-duty or off, in uniform or out. Our lives are no ore valuable than your's, but we will be targeted because we are LEO. You won't. As foxytwo said below, carry concealed.

I think I blew a funny fuse reading that article...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by snowman45 View Post
    While I agree with Constitutional Carry for all; yeah, there is a reason why law enforcement carry firearms where others are not allowed. If you can't figure that out, you need to watch the news. LEO's are targets; whether on-duty or off, in uniform or out. Our lives are no ore valuable than your's, but we will be targeted because we are LEO. You won't. As foxytwo said below, carry concealed.
    That is a choice they made by taking the job so I do not agree with special rules for police officers, One set of rules for everyone. Why is it as a citizen I can not carry my firearm with me into a bar, but an off duty police office can? What magical abilities does being a LEO give them that alcohol doesn't affect them? And why does everyone think that LEO's get more training then citizens on how to use a gun? If they did have more training they would hit their target instead of hitting innocent bystanders but since they know they can not be charged with a crime they do not seem to care about it.

What makes your fear of being targeted any different then my fear of being targeted?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman45 View Post
    Your answer is 100% bulls**t and I will explain to you why it is. Who targets you as LEO to attack you because you are LEO? What, maybe 1/2 of 1% of all criminals? And why is that? Because when a LEO is attacked by a criminal what happens? Every law enforcement agency for miles around starts looking for the specific criminal and when (not if, but when) they hunt the criminal down they will be itching for any excuse they can find to just kill them on the spot.

You as a LEO only have that fraction of the criminals out there willing to pay the price to target you. But I have the other 99.5% of criminals who won't think twice about attacking because I don't have the special protection that you have. So tell me why it is you should be afforded special privileges to carry a firearm because you are such a big target when you only have a select few criminals willing to target you? Thousands of ordinary citizens every day are victims of violent crime in this country. How many police officers every day are victims of violent of crime because they were targeted specifically because they are LEO? Statistically, I am many times more likely to be attacked by a criminal that any LEO is only because they are a LEO.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

^^^ what he said!

When it comes to carrying, there should not be any distinction between LEO and John Q Public.

When it comes to what firearms a person may posses, there should not be any distinction between LEO and John Q Public.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post

Why is it that civilian gun carriers that claim they have no duty to protect the public think they should be allowed to carry anywhere a police officer can? I realize that tacticly it is safer to retreat at an active shooter event, but police officers are trained to run toward the gunfire. If you were in the Cheese Factory and a shooting started what are you going to do? ...Yea, that is what I thought.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by RonM0710 View Post
    Why is it that civilian gun carriers that claim they have no duty to protect the public think they should be allowed to carry anywhere a police officer can? I realize that tacticly it is safer to retreat at an active shooter event, but police officers are trained to run toward the gunfire. If you were in the Cheese Factory and a shooting started what are you going to do? ...Yea, that is what I thought.
    Ron as I pointed out in my post us citizens will be charged with a crime if we hit or injury any bystanders. The Police officers have the government blessing to shot without worry of being charged with a crime if the hit, injure or even kill a bystander. Us citizens do not get that privilege.And where do you get of thinking the police have a duty to protect you? It has been proven time and time again that they have no duty to protect you or anyone else.

11. Quote Originally Posted by RonM0710 View Post
    I will tell you exactly what I am going to do. I am going to do what it takes to protect my wife and my daughter that are more than likely going to be with me. That means taking cover and retreating to the nearest exit and if it is necessary to provide protective fire for us to retreat than that is what I am going to do - but I can't do that if I left my gun somewhere else other than in my holster on my belt, now can I? It's not about USING the gun in every situation....it's about have thing gun in case the situation NECESSITATES using it.

And in case you haven't heard, the US Supreme Court has ruled that police officers have NO duty to protect me or my family, therefore LEO only permitted to carry is about one thing and one thing only - putting LEO's lives above everyone else and keeping them upon their special citizen status pedestals.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast