Businesses That Prohibit Guns or Have No Gun Policies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Businesses That Prohibit Guns or Have No Gun Policies

These companies have published a policy. That doesn't mean they have posted a sign at each location or that they can legally prohibit you from carrying at their locations. Please consult with a local attorney about your local laws and dealing with places that prohibit or restrict your second amendment rights.
    The core purpose of this list is NOT to inform you where you can or can't carry. The point is to recommend you “vote with your wallet” by not supporting companies that inherently don't wish to support your right to carry.
    Read More: https://www.concealedcarry.com/law/b...-gun-policies/
    My Thoughts:
    If they don't want my gun, then they don't want me. This is a list for criminals of businesses to rob, so I’m going to stay away from them.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    There's a whole forum devoted to this topic.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Interesting list - I've open carried in a lot of those on the list with no issues at all:
    Outback Steakhouse
    Bonefish Grill
    Pizza Hut
    Buffalo Wild Wings (lots of times)
    Safeway
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Interesting list - I've open carried in a lot of those on the list with no issues at all:
    Outback Steakhouse
    Bonefish Grill
    Pizza Hut
    Buffalo Wild Wings (lots of times)
    Safeway
    Glad they have a list and don't know if they have signs but I've been in and out of most of them and never thought about seeking permission. Concealed is concealed.

Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app

6. Oh, look! You're talking about all the businesses that will never see ANOTHER DIME of my money...

Funny, I have carried concealed into many of those places. Of course, in Texas, a store's "policy" isn't enough to prevent carrying there. They must have appropriate signage posted.

I don’t let a sign dictate where I shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RossA View Post
    Funny, I have carried concealed into many of those places. Of course, in Texas, a store's "policy" isn't enough to prevent carrying there. They must have appropriate signage posted.
    The same is true in most states.

Our local mall, for example, is posted, but not anywhere near the movie theater entrance. Only once have I ever been stopped and asked if I was carrying. I did not answer directly. Instead, I simply said, "I'd rather not see a repeat of Aurora." He looked at me and asked, "Military?" I nodded and said, "Twenty years and retired." He said, "Thank you for your service - enjoy the show!"
    It is to one's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel (Pro 20:3) // I came here to build Pro-2A consensus to help our country, not trade insults like a fifth-grader. If you're on ignore, well, now you know why.

10. Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    The same is true in most states.

Our local mall, for example, is posted, but not anywhere near the movie theater entrance. Only once have I ever been stopped and asked if I was carrying. I did not answer directly. Instead, I simply said, "I'd rather not see a repeat of Aurora." He looked at me and asked, "Military?" I nodded and said, "Twenty years and retired." He said, "Thank you for your service - enjoy the show!"
    I've never been "made" in terms of CC (that I know of) and try hard to not print but it's not always possible. I wear cargo shorts and long shirts much of the summer and pocket carry my EDC about 90% of the time during the hotter months. I holster up for cooler occasions where more appropriate attire would be called for.

A fellow club member who's a physician gave me great advice for any situation where anyone asked me (outside of posted areas) if I were carrying a firearm in my pocket. He said to look at them square in the eye and tell them it's a medical device. That's all. He said it's a no brainer that any person with a measurable IQ would just stammer and say sorry. I've never had to answer that question myself but the idea that a curious person (teenagers, the inebriated, dimwits...Businesses That Prohibit Guns or Have No Gun Policies) might ask you is within the realm of possibility. Keeping things low-key with a hard to question response seems really smart.

In a posted area or establishment it just seems prudent to leave if asked by an employee or owner. Say thanks and walk away I'd say. Never had that happen either.

Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    He said to look at them square in the eye and tell them it's a medical device.
    Makes sense. Medical devices save lives.
    It is to one's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel (Pro 20:3) // I came here to build Pro-2A consensus to help our country, not trade insults like a fifth-grader. If you're on ignore, well, now you know why.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast