Home Depot Concealed Carry - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Home Depot Concealed Carry

1. I am of the mindset that one should carry the way they want as long as it does not get the police called on them. I personally prefer to carry concealed in order to not let any potential bad guys know that I can and will protect myself and mine. This is simply my personal preference and opinion and nothing more nor less.

Quote Originally Posted by brcombs View Post
    It's ok in New Mexico, but if you OC in Texas or Oklahoma you will be arrested.
    Come Nov. 1 open carry will be legal in Oklahoma.
    Just sayin',

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...1_CUTLIN363815
    Last edited by gejoslin; 10-08-2012 at 09:33 AM. Reason: added link
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Why? It's our right to bear arms. How we do it is up to that person. If they want to OC then go for it. If the store restricts the right of that person to bear arms because of how they carry. Then THEY ARE AN ANTI STORE!.
    You guys need to rmember you have no second amendment right on their property. The Bill of Rights is between you and the government. It does not apply to the right of the property owner to restrict carry. That is not a public place. It is private property, owned by a corporation who is entitled to implement it's own policies. I've cited the applicable court decisions in the past so I won't do it again... but. Like it or not it's absolute fact.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

5. Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    I am of the mindset that one should carry the way they want as long as it does not get the police called on them. I personally prefer to carry concealed in order to not let any potential bad guys know that I can and will protect myself and mine. This is simply my personal preference and opinion and nothing more nor less.
    Why do you feel the need to adjust your life around whether or not people will call the police about your lawful actions? I refuse to give complete strangers that much power over my life.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    So, may I ask if you inquired as to their policy regarding cell phones? Or children, such as how far away from parents they could be without offending them? Or how about wearing cologne? Part of the stigma surrounding people carrying guns comes from the fact that even gun owners treat guns as if guns are worthy of stigma and suspicion. Why is the gun that you wear, especially CONCEALED any different than the cell phone in your pocket? If your phone rang in the store, would you ask management if they minded if you answered it or ask them if they were offended by you carrying it in your pocket? Why is the gun any different?

If the business wants people to abide by a policy banning firearms, then let them post that policy publicly. Why is the gun something different that must be asked about, or hidden away (for the reasons of not "offending" others.)
    even with them posting something doesn't mean everyone will o bide by it. for example in pa where i live it is fine to carry in a bar as long as your not getting drunk or buzzed. but getting back to the story one night someone had a pistol that he was Mexican carrying and had a CCW license and something happened between him and a girl there he got hauled off to jail and now there is a sign that banns firearms on the property. I was in there just the other night i saw the sign and didn't think anything off it considering i was gonna have 2 drinks, and go home not cause any trouble and next thing i know someone decided to try and rob it at gun point. the bartender that was on knew that i carry and gave me a look to see if i had mine and i did so once he turned his back to look at a couple people on the other side by the pool tables a buddy of mine who is a retired marine disarmed him from behind and we held him at gun point until the local LEO's got there. I was questioned about having my firearm on me in the bar when the signs posted read that i wasn't allowed to and my only answer was aren't you glad i had it considering what happened. after that nothing happened and i didn't lose my pistol or CCW. but like I've always been told and said I'd rather have and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Home Depot Concealed Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    FL statutes trump any such signs. It's only trespassing if you're asked to leave and you refuse.
    Same here in Vermont. 👍

Home Depot Concealed Carry

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaKat View Post
    I think OC is just asking for more trouble than its worth, so I don't do it.
    So which is it? You think it's more trouble than its worth?

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaKat View Post
    Personally, I wish everyone would openly carry. Nobody would give a second thought about seeing a gun and violent crime would drop to nearly zero.
    Or you think more people should Open Carry?

Sending some mixed messages here.

Just sayin..... Ya know?

9. Quote Originally Posted by brcombs View Post
    It's ok in New Mexico, but if you OC in Texas or Oklahoma you will be arrested.
    I don't know who filled your head with that nonsense but you can open carry in Texas without a problem aslong as you know the law and are on your own property with legal right to own that weapon. I have buddies in other states such as Cali, Texas, Oregon and New Mexico that purposly show up where police are with their firearm on them (open carry) and video document their contact. I am personally setting up a youtube channel dedicated with not only educating people how to handle Police contact but how to also show how uneducated some officers are when handling people not only with open carry but with Traffic stops and other things aswell.

10. Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Why? It's our right to bear arms. How we do it is up to that person. If they want to OC then go for it. If the store restricts the right of that person to bear arms because of how they carry. Then THEY ARE AN ANTI STORE!.
    Not necessarily. Keep in mind that they are a business, and if the ability to open carry scared off other customers, Home Depot is not responsible for educating the public. They are responsible for keeping their doors open and making a profit, enabling people to live the American dream along the way. I personally think open carry is stupid, but that's (sometimes) your call to make. If it affects my business, I'm going to ask that you not open carry. Then you can still protect yourself and exercise our 2A rights while keeping my other customers' heart rates down. Win-win.

Key word is profit, if enough gun owners do not do business with these folks the signs will come down.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast