Home Depot Concealed Carry - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Home Depot Concealed Carry

Thumbs up

I have a CCL herein NM. now, but did OC for about a month prior, and went to Lowes, and several other businesses without a hitch. I was conservative in my carry, but my weapon was always in plain sight. These are the folks that get my business.
    I am old and slow, BUT dead on with my aim!!

Home Depot Concealed Carry

Worked in construction for two years and carried into Home Depot almost every day. Never said a word. Really nice people. And even though they say they prohibit employees from carrying a couple of my military buddies worked there for a while and carried without incident. I don't think anybody ever found out.

PaidTriot Guest
    Ironically New York, a concealed carry state if you can get a permit, allows you to carry in any store with or without a sign posted. They can ask you to leave though as it is private property. Failure to do so would be a trespass, but if they see you are carrying in the first place that would most likely be a brandishing crime. Printing is up to the officer, but New York is anti gun.

5. Quote Originally Posted by PaidTriot View Post
    Ironically New York, a concealed carry state if you can get a permit, allows you to carry in any store with or without a sign posted. They can ask you to leave though as it is private property. Failure to do so would be a trespass, but if they see you are carrying in the first place that would most likely be a brandishing crime. Printing is up to the officer, but New York is anti gun.
    this is the case in most states. the no guns signs on private property are requests and carry no force of law. it's up to the property owner to enforce it. they can set up detectors and hire people to enforce the signs if it's important to them but you are under no obligation to help.

I have carried conceal and open in home depot , lowes , wal mart here in NC with out any trouble.
    Jerry

NRA Life Member

Must be your home state I carry all the time in Houston area no signs period.

It is best to stay out of places that have signs on the door prohibiting guns. Those signs only tell the BG that it is safe for him to come in and "rob or worse" the business and the customers at gun point. Really do they think the BG will follow the rules I told my boss the other day that if we were robbed I would hope the BG wasn't the only one in the place with a gun. I want some GG on my side.

I have never had any problem with Home Depot carrying open or concealed.

Home Depot Concealed Carry-scan0011.jpgI have a card for the managers of stores that prohibit guns. See attached, and use as you see fit.
    I am old and slow, BUT dead on with my aim!!

Open and conceal carry in in Home Depot and Lowe's in Hampton & Newport News, VA never a negative word from any employee. Have had a long conversation with an employee (can't remember which store) on favorite carry pistol and why.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567