Starbucks - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starbucks

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    When I first heard of Starbucks decision to NOT put "no guns" signs on stores as policy I went in to one here and purchased a pound of ground beans and a large latte!! ...I left a Gran'pa Jack comic (from JPFO.org) on the table.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

I wrote them about their carry policy. Here's what I got back from them:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

For Starbucks, the safety of our customers and partners is a paramount concern. We will continue to adhere closely to local, state and federal laws and the counsel of law enforcement regarding this issue. We have existing security protocols in place to handle situations related to safety in our stores.

Warm Regards,

Alyssa R.
    Customer Relations

Starbucks Coffee Company

800 23-LATTE (235-2883)

----Original Message----
    Sent: Feb 13 2010 2:38PM
    To: Customer Relations
    Subject: other

Message: Thank you for recognizing my right to lawfully carry my firearm in your establishment. I can assure you that I am a law abiding citizen that takes the responsibility of carrying a weapon in public extremely seriously. Starbucks and its patrons have nothing to fear from my carrying my weapon for my personal self defense.

you'll definately find coffee shops in islamabad you need to ask around for directions
    they will probably be near abpara market, kausar market,jinnah super etc...

Problem is.....California (where the Starbucks OC Movement began) just outlawed open carry last week. Thanks to the moonbats and Gov Spock.

As they (Starbucks) said in a press release, they are really just neutral on the issue. Their stance, simply, is to allow customers to engage in whatever the law of the State clears as legal and not to get involved with it. While some may say they should openly endorse the second I can understand their point of view.

7. I rarely go to SB at this time, as $ is very tight. But when I do, I either thank the manager in person or give the cashier a business card with "thanks for your support of gun owners" written on the back. The mgr & I had a brief conversation once; he said guns didn't bother him in the least. OC isn't much of an issue here, as NC is a hard state to do it w/out risking a charge of "armed to the terror of the people".

I've heard from a couple of places that, in protest of SB's view that whatever the state law allows is allowed in their stores, anti-gunners are boycotting SB on Valentine's Day, Feb. 14. So to show support for SB's stance on guns, maybe you can make it down there on Valentine's Day to show that not everyone who drinks at SB is a hoplophobe. :)

It will be painful, but I'll be sure to stop in at SB on Valentine's Day. I suppose that would make me an anti-protest protester. It's just gonna kill me to shell out $5 for a lousy cup of coffee. I remember when a good cup of Joe was 10.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaKat View Post
    It's just gonna kill me to shell out $5 for a lousy cup of coffee. I remember when a good cup of Joe was 10.
    Actually, if you drink their straight "bold" coffee (as I do), the largest cup is $2.20 at my location. Still quite a profit for Starbucks but at least it's not five bucks like their boutique coffees with whipped cream and cherries and 600 calories. And the bold coffee tastes 10x better than the cup 'o joe we used to get out of a (very, very) rarely cleaned pot when I was in the service.

3X PM

Valentine's Day today!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast