I know the NRA - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I know the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    If anyone that joins them thinks they will help with personal legal issues they are goofy...
    https://www.nradefensefund.org/

There are several people who know that that is not the case.

Goofy! The courts are where unjust laws get overturned! The state of NC violated my constitutional rights. Being a member of the NRA/ILA I fully expected them to help me. When they turned their backs on me they lost my respect and support.

Meanwhile, the CCRKBA and the SAF are actively working for gun owner's rights, and the SAF is currently involved in the courts around the country fighting against unjust laws, such as in NJ and downstate NY.

Here's where you can find out what the SAF is doing: Second Amendment Foundation Online

Can anyone show a similar listing of the current legal efforts from the NRA? I personally would like to see what they have been doing lately...

(With all that said, I'm a current member of the NRA, the SAF and the CCRKBA - although it's "year by year".)

I don't know the details of your problem but if the problem was something systemic where the out come would have an impact on many others I think they would become involved.

The director of the mental health dept. refused to sign off on the permit, because I told them I drank beer every day after work and had smoked pot in the past. He said I had to pass a substance abuse evaluation at my expense.

The first problem; When I first meet them I was assured that my privacy was strictly guarded! What a Lie! The reality was; They should have read me my MIRANDA RIGHTS.

2nd; On that one doctors word, I was denied my 2nd Amendment right with out any charges or a trial. That violates the 5th and 14th amendments concerning due process.

3rd; Mental health background checks discriminate against people who have talked to a therapist. While everyone else like the Virgina Tech and Arizona shooters gets a free pass.

4th; The proper way to revoke a persons 2nd amendment right is through the courts. Doctors should not have that type of power!

5th; I was not allowed to represent myself. If I wanted to fight it I would have to hire a lawyer. I was priced out of the justice system. In my search for legal help one lawyer tole me "You are up against a corrupt good old boy net work. You don't stand a chance." I believed in our constitution, but after several years of trying to fight for my rights I learned that he was right.

Well there ya go you talked when you should have been silent... and sometimes choices we make in our youth bite us in the behind.

You totally missed the point I was making.

Why did you tell the health dept your life story? That is what I don't understand.
    Michigan Open Carry Inc. Southwest Regional Coordinator.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Doctor patient confidentiality is a joke! They ask and I trusted them. Big Mistake!

Here is what you need to know about the NRA...

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/firea...amendment.html

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast