I know the NRA - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I know the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by TooCalm View Post
    Doctor patient confidentiality is a joke! They ask and I trusted them. Big Mistake!
    Hmmmm well I don't trust government employees.... never have... but then as one who is inside the system I see the corruption more clearly.
    Michigan Open Carry Inc. Southwest Regional Coordinator.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Here is what you need to know about the NRA...

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/firea...amendment.html
    I've heard of a little of that - but wow... Glad I'm in with the GOA, SAF and CCRKBA. Unfortunately, there are many who will continue to fund an organization that apparently does not really believe in rights after all...

The orginization I see as the #1 TOP DOG for no compromise gun rights advocacy is the JPFO, Jews for the Presarvation of Firearms Ownership.
    Good Luck!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com

Quote Originally Posted by astute View Post
    The orginization I see as the #1 TOP DOG for no compromise gun rights advocacy is the JPFO, Jews for the Presarvation of Firearms Ownership.
    Pinkpistols is another good orginization.

I was a member of NRA/ILA. My dues were paid up to 2014. Several years ago I ran into trouble getting my ccw. I contacted them expecting to get some help. They acted as if I didn't exist! I can speak from experience, the NRA does not care about it's individual members. Give them your money if you like, but they will not be getting any more of mine!
    I feel the same way, I'm a member but more for the discounts that the membership comes with I know I could never rely on them for any direct help if I needed it. I'd like to think they use some of the dues wisely since there the only pro 2a group that deals directly with the govt but I doubt it. Most people are better off joining a state level gun owner assc. They tent to get a lot more done as far as things that directly affect that states residents.

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    I feel the same way, I'm a member but more for the discounts that the membership comes with I know I could never rely on them for any direct help if I needed it. I'd like to think they use some of the dues wisely since there the only pro 2a group that deals directly with the govt but I doubt it. Most people are better off joining a state level gun owner assc. They tent to get a lot more done as far as things that directly affect that states residents.
    GOA & SAF and JPFO also deal directly with the government... at the federal, state, local and other municipalities...

"GOA - Gun Owners of America is the only no compromise gun lobby in Washington" - Ron Paul

Gun Owners of America - Gun Owners Of America

Second Amendment Foundation Online

JPFO Homepage

My money goes to GOA Gun Owners of America - Gun Owners Of America and my local affiliate GONV Oath Keepers Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    GOA & SAF and JPFO also deal directly with the government... at the federal, state, local and other municipalities...

"GOA - Gun Owners of America is the only no compromise gun lobby in Washington" - Ron Paul

Gun Owners of America - Gun Owners Of America

Second Amendment Foundation Online

JPFO Homepage

My money goes to GOA Gun Owners of America - Gun Owners Of America and my local affiliate GONV Oath Keepers Oath Keepers Guardians of the Republic
    Ya forgot about GOA, weird since I almost joined. Don't know why I said NRA was the only one with govt ties. Caffeine low I guess

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by larrys0227 View Post
    But i know almost nothing about the Gun Owners of America and the National Association for Gun Rights. Are these organizations what they claim to be?
    I stand by my "signature" (below).
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Goofy! The courts are where unjust laws get overturned! The state of NC violated my constitutional rights. Being a member of the NRA/ILA I fully expected them to help me. When they turned their backs on me they lost my respect and support.
    That is what lawyers and defensive insurance are for. You dont call the Firemans union to help pay for your house after it burns down do you? The NRA isnt anyone's personal get out of trouble card, there are 80 million firearms owners, and money is tight especially now we have a large fight against an intrusive government. However you can prob thank the NRA that you have that right to petition the court for your violation of 2a civil liberties.
    Ohio Concealed Carry Institute (click Link)
    N.R.A. Pistol Instructors & Range Safety Officers
    Like Us on Facebook (click Link)

11. I support the 2nd amendment foundation. They seem to be less interpolitical within the organization than the NRA (from my limited research ). And their mailers are less flashy = cheaper to mail = less of my contribution going to the trash. Just my 2cents.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast